Our client is a security and access solutions global leader with aggressive growth plans and is already considered to be top 4 globally. The incumbent will be responsible for leading the day to day operations of the shipping and finished goods functions of the local supply chain group as well as the technical systems and processes that support the improvement of the delivery processes, customer relationships and shipping processes. The manager will develop, coach, mentor, and facilitate their Nogales plant team within the business to create a culture that embraces accurate and timely transactions of inventory to effectively support on-time delivery that meets customer expectations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly oversee and manage all warehouse operations. Including but not limited to logistics; shipping; receiving; inventory management
- Hire, train and supervise all warehouse associates.
- Promote a safe work environment, upholding company safety policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership, training and motivation to all associates.
- Establish productivity and quality standards.
- Actively delegate the daily workload to ensure all required daily activities can be completed.
- Monitor daily operations to identify and resolve problem areas.
- Create program goals and related metrics, track progress, and manage through obstacles to achieve objectives.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly reports as needed per company requirements.
- ERP systems and tools for effective warehouse operations
- Responsible for department operating budget
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer Focus
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments
- Ensure Accountability
- Optimize Work Processes
- Build Effective Teams
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Ability to analyze and implement department systems and solutions
- Proficient in preparing reports and maintaining accurate records
- Ensure a high degree of detail and focus on every aspect warehouse operation
- Encourage a collaborative environment, working effectively to build a professional “Can Do” culture
- Knowledge of Lean methodologies, Continuous Improvement, 5S, and Kaizen
- Experience and desire to work in a hands-on role with operators to identify areas of improvement
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and high level of integrity
- Exceptional customer service for both internal and external customers
- Ability to understand operations at a detailed, practical level and think at a strategic, big-picture level
- Desire and ability to learn quickly with strong appetite for knowledge, especially technology
- Experience driving new/improved processes
- Experience executing supply chain management concepts: forecasting, demand planning, optimization, capacity management and logistics
- Experience managing teams of people
- Experience working in an operations/warehouse environment
- Experience implementing process improvement ideas/solutions using lean methodology
- Knowledge of Customs (import & export), COO and Nafta
Candidate Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A minimum of 7-10 years professional experience in manufacturing or materials management environment required.
- Demonstrated supervisory and management experience required for a least 5 years in warehouse & Logistics or similar.
- Experience with Domestic, International, LTL and Partial packaging and shipping requirements
- Spanish [Native Fluent]
- English [Business Fluent]
The primary physical requirement of this ‘hands on’ role is walking, although the Manager could at any time be required to lend a hand to the operation and, therefore, any of the general physical requirements associated with the demands of the warehouse may apply. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.