Our client is a global leader in vacuum pumps manufacturing and part of a $10 billion USD Industrial equipment global company founded over 100 years ago. Our client currently seeks a Production Manager to manage, develop and lead the Nogales Remanufacturing plant Production Cells and provide the necessary support and organization for workshop activities on a daily basis ensuring the effective and efficient Remanufacturing of pumps to the quality standards that match customer requirements. Production Manger will provide supervision and coordination of team to support the above activities.
- Is responsible for the coordination of planning materials and personnel on a daily and weekly basis to effectively identify all issues in advance and ensure that satisfactory level of service to the customer.
- Will provide the interface with workshop staff to ensure that customer requirements regarding quality and volume are constantly meet and organize the workload in an efficient and safe manner to effectively provide a first class service to the customer.
- Effectively plan and organized the daily workload for team in the area of responsibility in such a manner to ensure a satisfactory turn around of product to the customer expectation and to meet with priorities and time scales previously agreed and committed to.
- Undertake the full and effective reporting of teams activities during the agreed period, with regard to work in progress, work completed product dispatched, quality, efficiency against targets and goals, set. Support and promote the ongoing continuous improvement of both the product and the process to help achieve targets and goals.
- Provide technical input to resolve customer related problems when requested.
- Provide technical support to workshop team to ensure satisfactory progress and completion of work preset quality standards.
- Ensure that quality standards are achieved and maintained.
- Highlight issues and identify corrective action where appropriate for teams.
- Escalate problems to senior management to ensure efficient operation of team.
- Ensure the adoption of safe working practices and train team members as necessary.
- Follow set procedures and highlight correct procedures to workshop based teams.
- Where appropriate carry out repairs or overhaul to pumps or equipment in order to effect a repair (this is applicable where the nature of the repair may be particularly complex or there is a process-related issue.)
- Provide support and advice where necessary to workshop staff in a “hands on “manner to ensure resolution of technical problems.
- Ensure the timely and correct completion of paperwork and system based reporting by the team for each respective job. On completion of each job (or at a suitable time),
- Ensure that the all information is provided for the request for or generation of a sales order number, so as not to delay the dispatch of product.
- Provide daily instruction to Supervisors/Team Leaders and ensure clear formal procedures are agreed and understood.
- Develop guidelines and daily task lists for Supervisors/Team Leaders within the scope of their job description.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 5+ years experience as Production Manager or similar in a manufacturing entity in Mexico. Re-manufacturing is a plus.
- A broad knowledge and experience of manufacturing operations, processes, customer applications and requirements, and administration
- A thorough knowledge of products and related process engineering issues, as well as materials supply, systems procedures (SOP’s) and costs
- A thorough knowledge of lean manufacturing systems and techniques
- Intermediate or higher knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office. SAP a plus.
- Leading a major production cell(s) within a Remanufacturing (desirable) or Manufacturing operation.
- Evidence of an analytical approach using qualitative tools and techniques.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Experience of managing and motivating teams to achieve improvement goals with multi-disciplined teams.
- Flexible approach and ability to work under pressure.
- Effective conflict resolution
- Self-directed change agent with sense of urgency.
- Practice accountability and is metrics oriented.
- 90% English fluency and Spanish fluency