Our client is a mid-size high growth medical device manufacturer who seeks a Plant Manager with overall responsibility for their Tecate, Mexico manufacturing plant operations. The Plant Manager is responsible for leadership and ensuring that quality standards, KPI’s and production schedules are met within the Company’s established financial plan. Plant Manager oversees manufacturing which includes production manufacturing engineering, maintenance, molding, assembly, quality (indirectly), human resources (indirectly) and materials & logistics. Responsible for budget control and overall metrics (efficiency, quality, cost, OTD, Safety) and results for the plant.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for production quality
- Improve long- and short-range manufacturing planning, annual business planning and budgeting, capital planning and establishing initiatives to achieve business objectives
- Explore ways to improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the organization’s mission -- specifically more effective management, reporting, information flow, business management, process, and organizational planning.
- Determines and Executes Administrative Policies through subordinate Managers.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance against budget, financial, and operational goals.
- Direct and coordinate plant operations within company policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe plant
- Schedule and conduct plant meetings. Confer with department heads to ensure coordination of quality, purchasing, production, and shipping.
- Insures the optimal Operation of Departments within the Organization such us: Production ,Materials ,Engineering, Maintenance and Human Resources , etc.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Review the performance levels of all individuals and organizational structure of the Tecate Plant. Recommend changes to improve the overall performance of the plant operations.
- Create a visual factory to assist in establishing goals and performance levels of all individuals in the manufacturing plant.
- Develop a culture that promotes sense of urgency, accountability and drive for performance.
- Professional University Degree. Prefer engineering.
- 10+ years successful and progressive managerial/Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment and maquiladora experience in Mexico.
- At least 4+ years experience as an Operations Manager required or will consider a very hands-on Plant Manager.
- Understands P&L and budgets.
- Direct Experience in the Medical Device Industry with knowledge of FDA, regulatory, GMP, and ISO required.
- Must have a strong technical background (I.e. manufacturing engineering) and production background. Ideal candidate will have solid understanding of materials and materials/production planning.
- Production transfer experience is preferred.
- A demonstrated understanding and application of supervisory approaches to provide work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action for teams in Production, Quality, Engineering and Supply Chain.
- Ideal candidate will be metrics oriented with excellent leadership skills who makes things happen and possess excellent follow-up skills.
- Practices accountability, is empathetic leader, energetic, and results oriented.
- Bilingual in English/ and Spanish
THIS IS AN IDEAL OPPORTUNITY FOR AN OPERATIONS MANAGER IN MEDICAL DEVICES WHO IS READY TO MAKE A LEAP TO A PLANT MANAGER ROLE OF A PLANT WITH NEARLY 350 EMPLOYEES AND GROWING.