General Position Summary:
Our client is a consumer-products manufacturer in San Diego is seeking for an experienced Quality Engineer responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing and directing development of inspection techniques and documentation for new and existing programs and products as assigned within our clien's Quality department.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
Site Management Representative for AS9100 D audit activities, coordinates AS9100 audit scheduling, audit activity and follow up. Directs implementation and qualification for programs and/or special customer required processes, or other customer qualifications. Leads or delegates generation of documentation pertaining to AS9100 and customer requirements. Assist with production planning, test and inspection of prototypes during the scale-up phase of development programs, develops inspection procedures and inspection points as required by new product development programs, and integrating those into company quality standards. May be require to perform First Article Inspections (FAI) on various components. Develop and implement a company Zero Defects Program. Lead a team to develop solutions to process issues that create scrap/MRB/rework. Consult with management, quality and engineering personnel on better operational procedures to improve overall efficiency and product yields.
Participate in continuous improvement activities pertaining to customer feedback, management, manufacturing, and supply chain processes.
Review customer/internal/industry specifications to ensure compliance with stated requirements. Responsible for implementing changes directly related to inspection activities and part processing through company change processes. Manages and directs activity of site Receiving and Final Inspection personnel.
Specific Job Skills:
- Strong familiarity with aerospace industry customers and processes, in-depth understanding of AS9100 Rev D, aerospace and defense requirements.
- Process management and documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to process and present technical data to management using statistical tools
- Strong and collaborative relationships with upper management, peers and production team members
- Direct problem solving, searches for root cause and addresses issues using industry tools and methodologies
- Assist Design Engineering with programs in all stages as required. Participate in the review of all design, manufacturing and test documentation to ensure those requirements are fulfilled. This includes but not limited to: review of product drawing and specifications, work instructions, processes/ procedures and test procedures,
- Perform Quality planning and assurance associated with engineering changes (ECN) including process flow, statistical and process control.
- Play a key role in the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of the company's quality system.
- Hands on in problem-solving and quality improvement tools and techniques.
- Analyze and investigate the root cause of external and internal non-conforming product, system deficiencies.
- Initiate and coordinate corrective and preventive actions, verification of effectiveness such as actions for customer complaints, internal audits, and internal and external supplier non-conformances.
- Supplier quality performance monitoring and reporting through supplier scorecard metrics.
- Achieve Quality, Cost, and Delivery targets (KPI’s) associated with current volume and each new product launch.
- Train quality personnel in necessary quality techniques.
- Conducts capability studies, Gage R&R and follow up with training as determined by the study.
- Quality records maintenance to support the company`s Quality Management System.
- Support Quality assurance activities including process assessment, process control plans, PFMEAs, inspection plans, and statistical data
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
- Act as quality representative for customer source delegated inspection processes (SDR, DSQR).
- Maintain and schedule Calibration of measuring & test equipment and inspection tools.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to the management team.
- Comply with all safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Instill an awareness and knowledge of accuracy and safety among the employees to minimize accidents and provide a safe work environment.
- Identifies and investigates quality problems by working with Manufacturing Engineering and other departments in implementing and verifying effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Train operators on new systems, quality updates and other areas as needed.
- Any other tasks which may be required by the Quality Manager.