General Position Summary:
Our client is a consumer-products manufacturer in San Diego is seeking for an experienced Sr. Principal Engineer - Mechanical to direct and coordinate the activities of the mechanical engineering and document control departments to design mechanical and electro-mechanical products and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques and develop test procedures.
- Confers with management, production and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Plans and directs engineering personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing products or systems.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of mechanical engineers, designers and document control.
- Responsible for the integrity of Bill of Material’s (BOM’s), drawings and specifications.
- Chairs the Change Control Board meetings and ensures that all design changes are properly authorized and in compliance with departmental procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for establishing procedures, work instructions and other documentation to ensure that Document Control is compliant with the ISO 9000 requirements.
- The incumbent should possess at minimum a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and have at least ten years of related engineering experience with at least 5 years in a supervisory capacity.
- The incumbent must have sound knowledge of the design of machined parts and a fundamental understanding of precision bearing and gear design.
- The incumbent must be computer literate with an emphasis in Solid Works 3-D modeling and AutoCad.
- The incumbent must have excellent leadership, facilitation, communication, interpersonal skills and solid organizational/planning skills