Our client is a consumer-products manufacturer in San Diego is seeking for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager that will be responsible for developing, implementing, coordinating and supervising the quality and improvement programs. The charter of the position is to assure and improve customer satisfaction and product quality across all business sectors of our client's aerospace business unit.
The incumbent should possess a bachelor’s degree in a related technical field or similar education with demonstrated experience. Must have a minimum of 10 years hands-on quality supervision experience preferably in a high technology, manufacturing environment (defense industry preferred). The incumbent must have experience maintaining quality management system AS 9100 or similar standards. The incumbent must be computer literate and must beproficient with word processing and spreadsheet software. The incumbent must have excellent leadership, facilitation, communication, interpersonal skills and solid organizational/ planning skills.
- Define and implement quality system to ensure that the outgoing quality and reliability of products are monitored and meet specifications and standards. Facilitate, coordinate and manage audits of the quality management system.
- Strong familiarity with aerospace industry customers and processes, in-depth understanding of AS9100 Rev D, aerospace and defense requirements.
- Process management and documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to process and present technical data to management using statistical tools
- Facilitate and provide business performance measures that indicate the health of the quality management system. Provide feedback to internal departments/groups tofacilitate process improvements.
- Develop a working relationship with key customers to understand their current and projected requirements for quality and reliability standards of delivered products.
- Act as the contact point with customers for quality issues and related corrective actions. Manage activities related to the resolution of customer quality/reliability issues. Supply customers with failure analysis updates/reports that include root cause of failure and corrective actions.
- Manage the Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) effort to insure effective root cause analysis of failures from all sectors is achieved.
- Manage the activities or technical activities of Calibration, Inspections and Quality Engineering. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Assure quality assurance instructions and assembly/manufacturing work instructions are adequate and define inspection and test sequences
- Team with associates, peers and management to assure the shipment of high quality products. Accomplished through the use of Quality Management System, Continuous Improvement Strategies and Key Inspections.
- Define supplier chain performance measurements, approval and continued approval requirements and status. Monitor supplier’s metrics and drive Continuous Improvement programs at the supplier level to improve supplier’s quality and reliability levels.
- Participate in (MRB) disposition of non-conforming material, process qualifications, product qualifications and wherever decisions are made which can affect product quality.
- Facilitate and drive Improvement Efforts.