Our client, an agribusiness leader with more than 20 years of experience in the market, is seeking a Director of Controlling and Services in Mexico. This position will maximize the business value to the Owners and Partners, through the administration of the risk in compliance with mandatory regulations in Mexico of Direct Taxes to Income (ISR) and indirect taxes (VAT), Foreign trade (imports), Accounting of transfer pricing, General Accounting MEXGAAP, Consolidation +15 entities, Accounts Payable Process, Payroll, Separation and Social Security process. In addition to following the Corporate USGAAP reporting rules.
Advise the Directors of Agricultural production in operative negotiations and motivate the team of accountants in their professional development.
- Implement Compliance practices to obtain the best cash flow position, aligned with the Global strategy.
- Be a direct partner for the VP & Production Directors in Mexico to advise them and improve the results of their operational/agro businesses..
- Issue on time the monthly, annual or eventual financial reports under MEXXGAAP and USGAAP using Oracle.
- Design and apply simple internal controls in Mexico. Ensuring the alignment to Corporate and that are not a bureaucratic requirement.
- Implement the strategy to have the team with professionals in the right place and position. Developing his career with the company.
- Plan, organize and lead the functions of the tax, and accounting and payroll management team.
- Organize and lead special projects of type accounting/ legal or banking.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/CPA
- Master's Degree strongly preferred
- At least 10 years of progressive work related to experience in Finance in multinational companies
- Experience being a legal representative in front of government authorities
- Knowledge of the food chain in Mexican Agrobusiness
- Direct Corporate Tax (ISR) and Indirect (VAT)
- Transfer Pricing
- General Accounting MEXGAAP & USGAAP (at same time-multicurrency)
- Consolidation of + 15 entities
- Accounts Processing by Pay for + 2,000 suppliers
- Payroll of +15,000 workers of variable weekly salaries
- Social Security of +10 employer registers
- Knowledge of FP&A & Treasury Administration
Skills and Abilities
- Analysis and Decision making
- Team work
- Staff development
- Results oriented
- Certifications of knowledge of the food chain and the league with the Mexican Agrofood chain and the league with the Mexican Agro.
- Strong communication, analytical, lateral thinking, planning and problem solving skills.
- English/Spanish fluency