Our client is the largest fresh, multi-berry producer in the world and the leading supplier of fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries in all North America with operations in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Northern Africa, Peru, and Canada. They are buying an additional aircraft (Beechcraft King Air 90 Turboprop) for their executive team to visit the different operation sites/offices and travel between California and Northern Mexico.
The Captain is directly and totally responsible for the safe operation of the company aircraft when performing the duties of the PIC or SIC of a flight. The Captain will take all steps necessary to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and foreign regulations. The Captain’s responsibilities include learning all aspects of managing the flight department administration, as well as serving as the captain for company flights.
Responsibilities - Flight Duties:
The Pilot Captain will take all steps necessary to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and foreign regulations. The Chief Pilot is directly and totally responsible for the safe operation of the company aircraft when performing the duties of the PIC or SIC of a flight.
- Fly the aircraft and regulate all crew activities serving as the pilot-in-command or second-in-command.
- Manage the flight crew to ensure each trip is flown safely and effectively.
- Evaluate all risk factors and adjust trip as necessary to maintain highest degree of safety possible
- Ensuring all government, industry and company safety and operational requirements are met;
- Ensure flight operations related safety issues and hazards are responded to;
- Support Chief pilot in Creating and managing an environment that ensures selection, retention and development of flight operation employees with focus on aviation safety;
- Developing, recommending and administering policies, standard operating procedures and flight operations training including safety training;
- Conducting flight operations in accordance with international, federal, state, local and corporate regulations.
- Actively participates with the safety program as well as crisis response planning exercises.
- Maintaining current required licenses and certificates to comply with company, ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), (as applicable), and FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) requirements.
- Attending regularly scheduled ground and simulator training, maintaining flight proficiency and knowledge of all flight
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- Airline Transport Pilot Rating, or Commercial Multi Engine
- Instrument Rating Airplane
- FAA Second Class Medical
- A minimum of 1,500 Multi-Engine Airplane Hours
- 2000 total flight hours
- 1000 hours PIC in Jet or Turboprop
- 250 hours actual instrument time
- 300 hours night time
- 1000 hours turbine time
- Rated in King Air 200, or C90B with 200 hours in type preferred
- 1 or more years’ experience in multi-crew aircraft
- 1 or more years previous corporate, military or airline experience
- Previous supervisory experience in aviation, preferred
- Collaborate with the Chief Pilot on developing an annual operating plan and budget.
- Supervising the flight crew and maintenance of company
aircraft while on flights
- Assigns crews for flights as needed.
- Ensuring the aircraft, weather, flight planning, departure
airport facilities, enroute and destination facilities meets
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Leadership is required.
- Excellent written, verbal skills, and interpersonal skills
- Must make difficult decisions and stand by them.
- Inspire confidence in crew members and passengers.
- Exceptional observational skills plus strong problem-solving abilities
- Ensures the confidentiality of financial and proprietary information.
- Exhibit role model behavior and leadership in flight operations standard operating procedures.
- Having knowledge of and adhering to regulations including recent flight experience and SOP’s.
- English Proficient, and Spanish preferred
- Safety Management Systems, preferred
- A valid passport is required
- Ability to travel 100 percent of the time – domestic and international