Provides professional Human Resources leadership and support to Reynosa, Mexico facility with the objective to create competitive advantage and support the business in meeting and exceeding
objectives. Executes and administers Human Resources programs in the following functional areas: staffing, retention, candidate attraction, employee relations/communications, benefits administration,
training/development, performance management/coaching and environmental, health and safety. Creates and administers local HR policies and practices. Leads in effectively managing human capital.
Works under the direction or guidance of the Plant Manager with a strong matrix alignment to the company's Director of Human Resources and President and Vice-President.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a staff of 9 team members with 3 direct reports and 6 indirect team members.
- Manages all aspects of environmental, health and safety to comply with company's global requirements along with all legal requirements while creating a culture where safety is our top priority.
- Partner with team leadership to ensure employee performance is maximized.
- Manage employee engagement initiatives within different groups.
- Ensure the company employment, employee relations and equal employment opportunity policies and practices are deployed within laws and regulations; works with management team in resolving associate issues by investigating concerns and sharing resolutions alternatives.
- Analyze different departments/groups and set priorities ensuring critical talent segments are identified and a development plan is implemented.
- Ensure succession planning is in place for leadership roles and critical positions; ensure high potential employees are identified appropriately and developed.
- Consult with legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law. Study recent legislation and court decisions to assess industry trends.
- Lead HR team in documenting and following process within ISO-certified environment.
- Evaluate training needs; develop, deliver or through outside resources, provide variety of training courses/classes designed to meet identified training requirements; establish criteria and measure training effectiveness.
- Serves as associate advocate, internal coach / consultant, and business partner for the facility.
- Develops and executes Human Resources strategies that align with the business.
- Responsible for environmental, health and safety functions.
- Lead and create a positive employee relations strategy; create measures of success and monitor.
- Administers policies, makes decisions, and responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs.
- Develop and implement a facility wide Communication Plan that provides consistent, sustainable, pro- active communications to the organization.
- Conduct investigations of all types and present recommendations for resolution to management team. Investigations include, but are not limited to, workplace threats, harassment and discrimination, violation of rules, theft, personality conflicts and safety issues.
- Develops, implement and manages staffing, retention, and attraction strategies and programs for the facility. Establish success metrics and monitor for improvement.
- Develops, conducts and coordinates training programs for the plant. Liaison with corporate and external training resources as needed to provide necessary to provide organizational development.
- Manages hourly and salary performance evaluation process and compensation programs.
- Ensures equity and fairness.
- Leads change management efforts to ensure robust communication and training plans for all changes.
- Leads special projects to support business growth and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University in Human Resources, Industrial
- Relations, Business or acceptable equivalent required. PHR or SPHR certification and MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years hands-on Human Resources Generalist/Management required; experience in manufacturing required. Experience in a facility with at least 500 employees highly preferred.
- Experience with border work environment is highly preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles, industry practices, and legal requirements related to HR policies and practices.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to team members and leaders.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports, business correspondence, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities using effective problem solving/resolution skills and a team focus. LSS Green Belt certified/trained is a plus (not required).
- Demonstrated union negotiation experience is required.
- Demonstrated creativity and capability in improving staffing and retention to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated experience with positive employee relations plans and programs.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite required; experience with HRIS (TRES),
- Workday and Kronos a plus.
- Ability to analyze data and present a clear concise message to the business required.
- Must have demonstrated understanding of employment laws, Mexico IMSS (seguro social) and benefits.
- Strong communication skills, including written, oral, listening and presentation/facilitation to both small and large groups.
- Effective leadership and management skills to motivate employees, build relationships and drive initiatives throughout the facility.
- Demonstrated experience independently managing employee relations situations.
- Ability to work as an effective team player.
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours to support the requirements of the business.
Executive Search Leader: Jorge Roldan, CPC