Our client, a global premier automotive components manufacturer, is seeking a Internal Audit Manager
based in Aguascalientes, Mexico. This newly created position will oversee internal audits, Sarbanes Oxley compliance and finance improvement projects across US and Mexico locations.The Internal Audit Manager will report to the Director of Internal Audit and will work closely to ensure key areas of risk affecting the Company are addressed. This position will also partner with local management to address process or compliance improvement opportunities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Candidate Skills & Experience:
- Execute annual Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing and reporting.
- Coordinate the update of control narratives with process owners
- Partner with external auditors to effectively design and assess controls as needed and
- Oversee documentation and updates of control narratives over key financial business processes
- Supervise the completion of process walkthroughs including coordination of deadlines with external auditors and business personnel
- Implement best practices to streamline approach to reduce costs and improve efficiencies
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the SOX 404 program
- Assist with the coordination and supervision of guest auditors as and when utilized for testing
- Work with external auditors and management to resolve identified issues
- Plan, lead and execute financial, compliance and operational audits/reviews at make sites, shared service centers (SSC), distribution centers and regional offices
- Execute on all phases of audit projects and compliance reviews including planning, testing and reporting
- Review management action plans to address identified deficiencies for adequacy and reasonableness. Follow up on the remediation progress of action plans
- Work with management to understand business processes, resolve issues, and communicate findings to the Audit Director
- Work with management to co-develop action plans that are clear, concise and appropriately address the issue and provide documentation to Director for final review
- Manage and participate in special assignments or ad hoc projects as deemed necessary by leadership
- Maintain continuous development regarding knowledge around regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- University degree in Accounting or Finance - Required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) – a plus
- 5-7 years experience in public accounting (Big 4), internal audit or compliance role for a multinational – Required
- Must have at least 5+ years audit experience with a strong preference in manufacturing / maquiladora operations in Mexico.
- Experience with publicly traded global organizations but open to large private global companies. - Required
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX 404) testing experience - Preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 25%) - Required
- Experience with FCPA/UK Bribery Act compliance program implementation desirable - Preferred
- Experience conducting investigations would be desirable - Preferred
- Fluent in English and Spanish (Verbal and written communication) - Required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision – Required
- Self-starter - Required
- Ability to work with others - Required