Our client is a worldwide manufacturing leader with operational excellence seeking for an Injection Molding Process Engineer
. This position will be responsible for providing technical leadership in the Injection Molding Department, to sustain and improve operations. Part of the main responsibilities include execution and standardize processes for machine set-ups, tooling changeovers and other department processes. Troubleshoot and solve problems impacting yields, capacity, quality, efficiency, delivery, environmental compliance, and safety. Perform cost analysis, identify cost savings opportunities, and plan continuous improvement projects, as well as establish and maintain metrics and key performance indicators (KPI's).
Injection Molding Process Engineer is a hands-on position that requires the successful candidate to build strong relationships throughout the manufacturing site.
- Monitor and analyze operating data from the manufacturing process using statistical tools, both
- proactively (statistical quality/process control) and reactively (troubleshooting)
- Injection Molding Process engineering includes tooling design, job tracking, fabrication and new process implementation
- Maintain process documentation, including process flow diagrams, operating instructions, DCN forms, etc.
- Exhibit a strong manufacturing ethic through coaching and engineered improvements
- Support equipment reliability programs and other plant wide initiatives
- Communicate closely and effectively with area operations personnel
- May require leadership of a project or program.
- Work under minimum supervision
- Prepare technical presentations - oral & written - technical papers, and test plans as required
- Responsible for the development and implementation of manufacturing process standards
This position works closely in Injection Molding Department with operators, tool & die shop and management.
- Set-up, trouble shoot, and operate all machine tools and equipment in the injection molding department
- Perform set-ups that will assure the safety of the machine operator
- Understand the quality, inspection and company routing systems as described
- Program and adjust molding machine production parameters
- Interface with production control on work scheduling and purchasing material needs
- Ability to perform cavity and core changeovers
- Strong mechanical ability and hand tool skills
- Perform other assigned tasks as requested
Additional Skills (preferred)
- Plastic Injection set-up and molding experience
- Electronics or plastic training a plus
- Extrusion experience
- Lean Manufacturing
Education and Previous Experience Requirements
- B.S. in engineering or 5 years equivalent hands on experience in related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ technical experience
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to perform work in engineering and manufacturing environments
- Experience or training in project definition, design, process control, and statistics.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including formal presentations and technical papers.
- Ability to work effectively with peers.
- Advocate of standards and process improvement.
- Experience with Change and Problem Management.
- Methodical approach and able to work multiple projects or tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Must have good analytical abilities, be creative and take initiative
A demonstrated ability required for all employees: customer focus, ethics & values, long-term problem solving, integrity & trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented,
composure, values diversity.