Worldwide leader in the manufacturing of Aerospace parts is seeking for an experienced Tool Room / CNC Supervisor
for its Tijuana-Mexico facility.
The incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of the Tool Room, including but not limited to:
Other Preferred Attributes or Quaifications
- Training and Mentoring a group of 20+ machinists.
- Apply knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials and layout techniques
- Utilizes tools and measuring instruments including, but not limited to, mill, lathe, all CNC equipment.
- Read blue prints, machine and inspect completed parts and related documentation
- Review all orders as they come to the shop floor; verifying all details according to customer’s specifications and checking against castings/stock.
- Schedule work: prioritize and assign according to due date, as well as machine capability and personnel availability.
- Create process sheets for jobs as well as oversee material movement to & from machines.
- Make sure everyone is working with Quality Standards.
- Handle order expediting and estimate best possible delivery date in regard to work schedule and orders in process.
- Maintain stock for toolroom (requisition and order perishable tooling).
- Schedule calibration of measuring instruments.
- Oversee training of new employees.
- Six Sigma, 5S and Lean experience a plus
A successful candidate must have/be:
- Education: Engineering Bachelor's Degree, Mechanics, Electro-mechanics or equivalent
- Years of Experience: 5+ years experience with Advanced Machining
- Able to read, speak and understand the English language
- Travel 10-15%
- Good verbal communications and reading skills.
- Must be able to read and understand English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Position requires the skill to read blueprints.
- Candidate must have complex understanding of measuring instruments, including calipers, standard and pitch micrometers, comparators, surface plates, test indicators, coordinate measuring machines etc.
- Machinist is required to have advanced knowledge of All Manual Machines and controls and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Must have experience working with High Precision and / or Geometric Tolerances.
- Must have strong Problem Solving skills.
- Must have experience with CNC Programming (at least 2-3 axes)
- Must be able to travel to the USA.
- Must have experience transferring CNC equipment.