World class consumer products manufacturing company is looking for an Acoustic Engineer to perform acoustic measurements and evaluate results to troubleshoot end of line test, process and quality issues that can be related to finished goods, bulk raw material, new & existing processes or environmental issues.
- Workswith the core teams of all production lines to distribute new knowledge, best practices and root cause analysis results to ensure reoccurrence is eliminated.
- Performs statistical analyses and identifies trends using end of line test data and recommends corrective actions or limit changes when necessary.
- Manages projects with the Corporate Continuing Engineering group and the Core teams to fix epidemic process and yield issues.
- Characterizes transducer’s Thiele/Small parameters, nonlinearities, acoustic, electrical & power response, cone modes and 3D visualizations to accelerate the failure analysis process.
- Serves as backup for the creation of offset standards and performs the troubleshooting of issues related to them.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in acoustics when process and design changes are being proposed.
- Develops and manages cost reduction projects that can result in design changes involving Design, CSG, DQE, PCAR & PQE groups.
- Manages failure analysis technicians and distributes root cause analysis information for test booth samples, ELC, QEL, DQE & Customer claims; aids the failure analysis customers to understand the root causes and develop corrective actions.
- Develops and standardizes new testing methods, techniques and processes to expand the acoustic lab capabilities.
- Uses product technical expertise to support the PQE & CQE departments on initiatives to achieve the transducers ASD & Non-ASD line claim and near miss PPM targets, shipping attainment goals and plant financial commitments.
- Must write and send analysis reports to TJ, ATG, CSG, R&D, BAKK & BAG personnel with a technical English proficiency of at least 90%.
- Must contact transducer designers to discuss design issues on current and future products while aiding the development of DA product specifications.
- Proficient in the use of acoustic test equipment such as Audio Precision, DAQs, MATLAB, LabVIEW & Klippel.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanic, Electronics or Mechatronics Engineering.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with audio.
- 90% proficient in written and verbal technical English.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Knowledge with transducers and passive loudspeakers is ideal.
- Thorough understanding of acoustic test and measurement systems and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of statistics to calculate process capability and analyze improvement effectiveness.
- Experience using and selecting acoustic test equipment from B&K, GRAS, Audio Precision, National Instruments and Klippel.
- Competent using MATLAB for data analysis and visualization.
- Exceptional technical problem solver, with ability to scope out, plan, and lead others to investigate and solve challenging problems.
- Comfortable with reading and writing detailed technical specifications.
- Basic knowledge on mechanics, electronic circuits, magnetics and acoustics.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing constraints and requirements, while maintaining the highest performance standards.
- Automotive background is highly preferred.