Position and Company Summary:
Our client is a leader in confectionery products with a large market share in North America. To support our client’s growth, our client seeks a Maintenance Manager to provide maintenance, process and team
support, direction, expertise in the equipment maintenance, facility maintenance, cleaning and sanitation, safety, and environmental areas of their site in Tijuana, BC Mexico with two buildings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Candidate Required Skills:
- Performs maintenance management by supervising maintenance personnel and establishing priorities in maintenance schedules.
- Maintains manufacturing assets and facility, parts inventory, monitoring purchase orders, invoice approvals, and manages the department budget.
- Provides training and continuous development on all maintenance personnel.
- Performs Performance Evaluations on direct reports at least twice a year and verifies Performance Evaluations are being performed on technical work force by his/her direct report.
- Drives the Maintenance and Reliability initiative focused on Preventive Maintenance, not reactive. Will lead the implementation of TPM.
- Managing, maintaining, and establishing maintenance procedures for production lines in a food manufacturing environment to ensure production meets or performs better than budget.
- Develop associate and supervisor skills by conducting training meetings; one on one development sessions; outside technical skills training; and establishing and monitoring performance reviews for supervisors.
- Setting and maintaining departmental budget by reviewing financial statements; monitoring line efficiencies; monitoring labor cost; and other expenses.
- Participate in designing and developing future production capacities by attending design meetings; coordinating with Research & Development regarding produce changes and improvements; and updating maintenance operating procedures and schedules to incorporate the changes.
- Responsible for maintaining Food Safety and Quality Systems as assigned.
- To keep all facility related equipment in good operating condition in support of the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for the qualification and installation of all machinery and facility related equipment.
- To identify energy saving devices and practices within the facility to improve the efficiency on utilities usage as water, gas and electricity.
- Assume responsibility for all administrative facets of the area assigned, including personnel (discipline, attendance, etc.) and operations (operations reporting). Assist in the development of policies and procedures. Address issues of consistency of application of policies and procedures
- Spare parts control using a maintenance management software.Responsible for environmental compliance including hazardous waste management, waste water treatment, atmospheric emission controls, (Reverse Osmosis).
- Responsible for managing all janitorial and sanitation and its personnel and ensuring procedures are followed.
- Responsible for leading a continuous improving culture to increase department productivity and safety.
- At least 5+ years of experience in a maintenance managerial role in manufacturing with strong knowledge in maintenance and reliability.
- Requires experience with food processing / eatable products / pharma / vitamin supplements industries with a mix of manual / automatic processes or similar.
- Completed college degree (associate's or bachelor's), preferably in engineering or a technical field.
- Experience with Corrective and preventive maintenance required. TPM is highly desirable.
- Experience with manufacturing equipment including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, plc, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment and facility equipment like boilers, chillers, air compressors, A/C. Familiar with other equipment like form & seal vertical baggers, twist & flow candy wrappers, candy cookers, and electronics is desired.
- Excellent technical knowledge of equipment, products and processes.
- Strong experience managing Facilities Management (AC, venting, CFE issues, gas tanks, etc.)
- Budgeting and Financial acumen.
- Strong knowledge/experience managing maintenance through CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System / Software).
- Workable knowledge of Environmental compliance including Residual Waste Water management (highly preferred) and hazardous waste management.
- Knowledgeable of risk assessment and statistical tools.
- Proficient computer skills in spreadsheets; data bases and word processing.
- Strong background in Food Safety Systems, HAACP, GMP, SQF, CFR 111, AIB, and all related to GFSI is a big plus but not stricitly required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must have a hands-on work ethic.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Must have the required documents and be able to travel to USA
- Problem solving skills.
- Sense of urgency and decision making.
- Excellent communication and coaching skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Self-motivated, results oriented with excellent people skills.
- Ability to walk throughout the facility and to climb on roof.