Our client is an electrical manufacturing leader seeking a Finance Manager for their plant in Tijuana, MX. This position is responsible for the management and processes related to budgeting, forecasting, cost accounting and variance analysis for our client’s Mexican manufacturing operations. The Finance Manager is responsible for hands on assistance working onsite in Mexico with the manufacturing facilities. Close interaction will be required with the plant managers, accounting managers and business unit general managers and well as working closely with corporate finance. This position will require approximately 50% travel within Mexico and to New York. This position could also be based in Camargo, Chihuahua Mexico.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees and directs the activities of the budgeting and cost accounting personnel in the Mexican
- Oversees, coordinates, assists and reviews the entire Mexican budgeting process, including production volumes, capital expenditure budget, manufacturing expense budgets, overhead rate calculations and allocations.
- Oversees cost accounting and conducts weekly and monthly variance analysis.
- Supports new product launches from a product cost accounting perspective.
- Ensure the proper reviews and approvals have been performed of the various budgeting tasks before submissions.
- Interact with local management ensuring their understanding and provide training as needed related to budgeting tasks
- Prepares analysis as requested by management that is accurate and timely so that management can make operating decisions
- Conduct bill of material, routing and scrap audits.
- Develops and trains budgeting staff
- Accommodate internal auditors and implement changes as agreed to
- Participate in corporate special projects such as requested.
- Manage Corporate level projects and duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting required. CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years in a Finance Management role (Finance Manager, FP&A Manager, Finance Analysis Manager or similar) including budgeting and cost accounting, in a maquiladora manufacturing environment
- Strong hands-on budgeting experience.
- Strong hands-on manufacturing standard cost accounting coupled with variance analysis. Cost roll-ups experience.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Fluent in Spanish & English – written and oral
- Must have strong proficiency with Microsoft Office i.e. Advanced Excel. ORACLE, Hyperion, and Tress a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have high attention to detail, work well independently, and possess high integrity.
- Assertive, self-confident, adaptable, high energy and work ethic, perseverance and able to provide push back.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, listen, talk, and use hand/finger motions to handle office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Up to 50% travel within Mexico and to NY expected. Must have US Travel VISA.