Our client is a well-established Horticultural Global leader, packer, and shipper who is seeking an International Export Sales Manager passionate with international trade and with a reputation for being a star performer. As an Export Sales Director/Manager you will be an industry expert that will manage the large current base of export customers and come with a book of business to join a fast-growing company.
- Business Development- New and Current
- Complete and accurate records of all sales customers
- Provide superior customer service to new and existing customers
- Track and analyze customer sales history and purchasing trends
- Prepare sales reports and correspondence in a timely and effective manner
- Utilize in-depth industry knowledge to build credibility and become a trusted advisor with customers
- Manage the Export Sales P&L by learning and improving weekly, advanced and program pricing
- Build and manage the current Export team by developing more talent on the logistics end as well as creating a customer service team.
- Create global contracts with the shipping and trucking lines to streamline our transportation costs.
Tactical & Stategical Responsabilities:
- Attend international fairs, fostering business relations with clients and suppliers.
- Proactively create additional sales with new and existing customers
- Manage the client portfolios assigned to them
- Ascertain client needs, and record and track orders to ensure the best service is provided
- Work to increase the client portfolio
- Manage volumes and margins to generate efficiency and margins for earnings
- Negotiate and monitor export rates and services to reduce operating costs and increase profitability
- Respond promptly to customer complaints and look to find winning solutions
- Manage all day to day responsibilities on loadings
- Work in conjunction with Export Product Manager to secure harvesting and packing
- Detect new business opportunities, managing and building loyalty in existing business relationships
- Negotiate and manage product campaigns
- Identify and strategically pursue industry trends in fast-growing segments
- Create marketing plan and new products with the in-house marketing team.
- Provide leadership and guidance to your customer service, planning and logistics teams to ensure that customers receive their appropriate shipments
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Produce sales experience, minimum 5-7 years
- Proven sales managerial success
- Highly motivated with an existing book of customers and/or suppliers
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to work successfully from a home office and travel
- Import/Export experience a plus
- Must be able to work weekends
- International travel for trade shows as well as customer relations
- Knowledge of the details of the export business to ensure that government policies, labelling systems, transportation and payment laws are followed
- Excellent management, organizational and customer service skills, knowledge of export laws and regulations.
- Broad understanding of international trade and market demands.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Negotiation Skills
- Closing Sales
- Responsibility aptitude in a dynamic and demanding contest
- Targeted Oriented
- Very Knowledgeable with produce, fruit and perishable wholesale marketing logistics
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural economics, business, international business or marketing.
- MBA or other related degree is a plus.
- Bilingual preferred
- (CE), (CITP), (CUSECO) certifications are preferred but not required