Our client is a Fortune 500 global manufacturing company that delivers innovative equipment and component solutions for renowned brands and has been recognized for their entrepreneurial approach for over 6 decades.They are looking for their new Service Center Manager to develop a vision and lead the Service Center in Cypress, California (Anaheim,CA.) facility by directing the day-to-day operations. Is responsible for the productivity of Service Center operations and providing leadership and training in the operational areas. The incumbent will work closely with
other functional areas of the business to implement Lean Manufacturing techniques. This position has the responsibility to coordinate resources across a broad spectrum of internal and external operations to deliver superior products and quality service in a fast paced environment that meets or exceeds our customer's requirements.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the facility and the safety of company employees.
- Responsible for complying with all Federal, State, and Local labor laws, environmental regulations,OSHA compliance and City ordinances.
- Collaborate with regional sales staff to develop customer base, develop monthly and annual sales forecasts, and then working to deliver product and service to meet or exceed those forecasts.
- Maintenance of the facility and equipment to ensure proper working order
- Provide an accurate manning budget, operating expense budget and capital expenditure budget.
- Purchase supplies, tooling, material and inventory.
- Collaborate as necessary with the facility and functional leadership.
- Evaluate and make the necessary adjustments to the operation by reviewing the P&L statements; and daily reports such as SRO, Line, Job, Attendance, Inventory, Purchase Order, Direct Labor and Sales Reports.
- Cross-train employees in the office and shops, and implement a succession plan for key employees.
- Overseeing and review purchasing, SRO and job entry, pricing, quotes, estimates, and quality issues.
- Provide accurate and necessary information required to complete capital justifications.
- Responsible for routine purchases of supplies, tooling and material.
- Responsible for safety performance, productivity performance, delivery performance and production quality.
- Responsible for coordinating resources to satisfy both internal and external customers; to deliver superior products and quality service in a fast paced environment that meets or exceeds the customer's expectations.
- Evaluates the resource needs of the operations.
- Hire, promote, and/or address the performance of the employees.
- Develops and sets Service Center policies and procedures in line with company directives, policies, and procedures.
- Develop a high performing team.
BA or BS in Engineering, Management, Business or related field, or an equivalent in years of experience supervising manufacturing operations.
5+ years experience as Plant Manager, Manufacturing Operations Manager, Service Center Manager or similar.
CNC machining a plus. Manual machining (i.e. Lathes boring machines) familiarity is highly preferred.
Previous P&L responsibility preferred. Familiarity with financial information is required.
Possess excellent computer skills; be proficient in all Microsoft Office Products. Knowledge of ERP preferred.
Able to prepare PowerPoint presentations to all levels of management.
Work and communicate effectively with other facility managers and department managers with regards to their duties and responsibilities.
Able to communicate with customers, supervisors, employees and executive management.
Able to promote a positive atmosphere and encourage teamwork in the workplace.
Strong communication skills and leadership, and the ability to develop employees.
Able to work effectively in a matrix organizational structure.
Hands-on with strong problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
Spanish a plus.