Privately owned well established 3PL organization is seeking for an experienced Sales Executive to lead the growth and transformation of their organization. This position will be responsible for streamlining and bringing structure to their Commercial and operational facilities, implementation and compliance, developing procedures, ISO standards and Sarbanes Oxley requirements as well as other applicable regulatory guidelines with respect to operational, administrative, customer service, marketing and sales functions for the site.
- Lead, direct all departments as well as execute service agreements for customer's.
- Maximize profitability through superior customer service, and effective prompt communications while following-up on all pending matters with customers.
- Responsible for business development, marketing and new account development to ensure maximum transportation revenue are being generated for all the sites.
- Provide managers with daily guidance, leadership and overall support on any issues related to operations, communication, human resources, revenue enhancement, standardizing procedures, and systems applications.
- Develop and execute policies, plans, and programs to meet anticipated organizational needs in the areas of functional responsibility and ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines, ISO standards, Sarbanes Oxley and other regulatory requirements.
- Review analysis of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress towards business development goals and objectives.
- Review and evaluate sites and P & L performance as well as establish short term goals focused on overal result of the various sites.
- Collaborate with senior management to develop continuous improvement methodology in key areas of service profit and growth, and use key performance indicators to drive and quantify cost optimization while maintaining customer quality and service.
- Ensure that freight is being expedited in a safe and timely manner.
- Direct and train staff.
- Ensure policies and procedures are communicated to all site personnel.
- Ensure safety methods and programs are implemented and maintained.
- Utilize superior communications skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives and clients.
- Oversee and manage the professional development and productivity of all staff members to ensure proper goals, training, professional development and project requirements are met.
- Coach, train and mentor direct reports and provide career development opportunities though training, and continued improvement activities.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff members.
- Address all employee performance concerns promptly and directly in accordance with personnel policies of the company.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking, and participation in professional organizations.
Languages and Communication Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related discipline preferred; or equivalent combination of work experience and completion of the LDP Program.
- Preferred strong background in Domestic Operations and overall knowledge of all forwarding lines of business company supports to include Exports, Imports, Custom Brokerage
- Minimum five years related experience.
- Minimum four years industry experience preferred.
- Minimum three years supervisory or managerial experience required
- Must be able to read, write and speak Spanish/English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management employees and vendors.
- In-depth knowledge of all products and services.
- Demonstrated success in leading, supervising, managing and developing high performance teams.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of the department (purchasing, budget preparation and review, financial reporting and monitoring expenses).
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and develops alternative solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in influencing departments and implementing and managing change.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Basic understanding and experience in project management methodologies.
- Read, analyze and interpret highly complex regulations and procedures, and respond to common inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of customers and employees.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software
- Valid state issued Driver's License
- Forklift Driver Certification
- Other professional certifications may be required