Accountable for the fiscal and operational oversight, leadership and direction of a station to provide quality service, customer satisfaction and operational proficiency that ensures growth and profitability goals and objectives are met. Responsible for implementation and compliance with company policies and procedures, ISO standards and Sarbanes Oxley requirements, and other applicable regulatory guidelines with respect to operational, administrative, customer service, marketing and sales functions
for the site. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
- Lead, direct and manage all station functions to ensure that all departments and station staff execute service agreements at, or above the customer's standards.
- Maximize profitability through superior customer service, effective and prompt communications, and follow-up on all pending matters with the customer.
- Responsible for business development, sales and marketing and new account development to ensure that maximum transportation revenue is generated for the station.
- Provide managers with daily guidance, leadership and overall support on any issues relating to operations, communication, human resources, revenue enhancement, standardizing procedures, systems applications, and executing processes to meet customer needs.
- Develop and execute policies, plans, and programs to meet anticipated organizational needs in the areas of functional responsibility and ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines, ISO standards, Sarbanes Oxley and other regulatory requirements.
- Review analysis of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward stated business development goals and objectives.
- Review and evaluate station P & L performance and establish short term goals to address any budgetary shortfalls.
- Collaborate with senior management to develop continuous improvement methodology in key areas of service profit and growth, and use key performance indicators to drive and quantify cost optimization while maintaining customer quality and service.
- Consult with and apprise senior management of important issues, operational concerns, personnel matters, capital expenditures, leases, and all commitments obligating the company.
- Ensure that freight is being expedited in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensure that the station facility provides a clean, professional, and safe working environment for all employees.
- Direct and train management staff in sound human relations and operational skills.
- Ensure directives, rules and procedures are communicated to all station personnel.
- Ensure safety methods and programs are implemented and maintained.
- Utilize superior communications skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives and clients.
- Oversee and manage the professional development and productivity of all staff members to ensure proper goals, training, professional development and project requirements are met.
- Personally coach, train and mentor direct reports and provide career development opportunities though training, and quality management activities.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within department.
- Address all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with personnel policies of the company.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking, and participation in professional organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related discipline preferred; or equivalent combination of work experience and completion of the LDP Program.
- Preferred strong background in Domestic Operations and overall knowledge of all forwarding lines of business company supports to include Exports, Imports, Custom Brokerage
- Minimum five years related experience.
- Minimum four years industry experience preferred.
- Minimum three years supervisory or managerial experience required
- Must be able to read, write and speak Spanish/English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management employees and vendors.
- In-depth knowledge of all products and services.
- Demonstrated success in leading, supervising, managing and developing high performance teams.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of the department (purchasing, budget preparation and review, financial reporting and monitoring expenses).
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and develops alternative solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in influencing departments and implementing and managing change.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Basic understanding and experience in project management methodologies.
- Read, analyze and interpret highly complex regulations and procedures, and respond to common inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of customers and employees.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid state issued Driver's License
- Forklift Driver Certification
- Other professional certifications may be required