The Company and Job Summary:
Our client is a leader in woven and knitted fabrics with a global footprint in Europe, Asia, Mexico and Latin America who seeks for an HR Business Partner (HR Manager) responsible for leading our human resource activities including payroll, training and organizational development for their large manufacturing plant located in Tijuana, MX with nearly 400 employees, and growing. This position will oversee, manage and enhance functions such as recruiting, development, wage and benefit administration, compliance with statutory requirements, performance reviews, and the execution of programs that enhance our culture and prepare the organization for scale & growth. He/she will be a change agent and will have the unique opportunity to help build the culture and programs that will fortify the foundation for how we will support, grow, develop and retain our team. In addition, he/she will develop close partnerships with key internal & external stakeholders in order to support our human capital & business strategy and in turn helping achieve the unit’s business objectives. Furthermore, this role will support & work together with other Cut & Sew units’ HR leadership in order to develop standard work across the units as well as lead the development of best practices to be implemented in the cover business worldwide.
Furthermore, this role will support & work together with other Cut & Sew units’ HR leadership in order to develop standard work across the units as well as lead the development of best practices to be implemented in the cover business worldwide.
Job Duties and Responsabilities:
- Lead the implementation, execution and follow up of the HR strategy as set forth by the unit’s local management and HQ.
- Responsible for the recruitment efforts of plant personnel, manufacturing management and strategic positions supporting our initiatives at the Tijuana plant.
- Responsible for talent management via the analysis of staffing needs, career plan development, retention programs and talent attraction.
- Promotes and supports a safe work environment through the implementation of HR programs that impact the safety and well-being of our team members.
- Lead, improve and provide oversight and protocols for an effective on-boarding process.
- Drive and reinforce the unit’s training, talent management & development programs by identifying needs and coordinating the HR team to support those initiatives.
- Maintains positive employee relations and gives support to management in all areas concerning human capital initiatives, governance & performance.
- Ensures a correct and efficient payroll process, supporting the payroll and compliance activities as well as developing additional efficiencies to the process.
- Establishes and/or coordinates the calculation and payment of bonuses, special gratifications and benefits.
- Works closely with finance on necessary reports to comply with monthly & year end reporting guidelines.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable legal requirements.
- Maintains group guidelines by communicating, preparing, updating, and recommending HR policies and procedures.
- Steers, supports and develops the HR team in all its current and future activities.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree preferably in Human Resources or related field.
- Must have 5–10 years of hands-on experience in a manufacturing setting (with strong preference in a Maquiladora environment) with a significant period (3 years+) in a managerial role.
- Demonstrated expertise across HR functional areas with an emphasis on human capital development,employee relations, compensation management, benefits selection and administration, performance management, staffing and recruiting strategies & processes.
- Experience implementing and optimizing HR programs in a high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Strong understanding of HR practices, State & Federal Labor laws, Social Security and related regulations & governance in Mexico.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), ERP software and production management related tools.
- Professional verbal & written English fluency is a must. Spanish fluency required
- Familiar with Tijuana, Mexico.
Competencies and Personal Skills:
- A change agent that is enthusiastic, flexible, self-motivated and eager to drive change.
- Strong emphasis in collaboration and team building.
- Strong ability to collaborate with partners at all organizational levels while balancing work streams in a highly matrix & cross-functional environment is required.
- Strong communication skills and ability to be hands-on creating solutions and focusing on results that allows them to effectively multitask while keeping pace in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Can effectively set priorities, ability to comply with deadlines, manage stress and set a self-directed environment.
- Has the required capabilities for a fluent cooperation/communication with the organization in Tijuana, as well as other members of the US Group.
- Results oriented, balancing day to day challenges with structural, sustained, solutions for the long-term.
- High energy level with a hands-on and entrepreneurial approach.
- Highly organized and able to keep several projects in mind at the same time.
- Delivers on commitments, is highly organized and able to set and meet (own) goals, deadlines and priorities.
- Has excellent people and communication skills (interpersonal savvy) & is highly approachable.
- Is customer focused
- Is flexible (in the broad sense: in terms of working hours and mentally)
- Can deal with ambiguity and shows composure.
- Adheres strictly to and promotes the company's Code of Conduct in all aspects.