Human Resources Manager for Laredo, Texas, USA.
Job Summary US based and Wold Class Leading Manufacturer in their field is currently seeking an exceptional HR Manager for their growing manufacturing operation in Laredo, Texas, USA. Looking for an HR professional who thrives in an extremely fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. Under the direction of the Division HR and plant leadership, this high energy, organized person implements and ensures quality human resources processes, systems, products and services to managers and employees. The primary focus of this role is on employee relations and policy/program development, administering HR programs in accordance with established policies and procedures including EEO and ADA compliance, training and employee development, safety and workers’ compensation administration, and sourcing and selecting qualified exempt and non-exempt employees. In addition, the HR Manager ensures that the US operation is operating in accordance with US federal, state, and local employment requirements, e.g., Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Title VII, etc.
- Lead implementation of people-related services, policies, and programs locally; and assist and advise plant leadership and managers on Human Resources issues.
- Coach employees and managers on correct interpretation and administration of Company HR policy. Interact with and support line managers, supervisors, as well as hourly employees in production, warehouse and front office.
- Assess the internal employee climate, counsel with managers to identify and implement actions that improve or maintain a positive employee relations environment.
- Support and manage recruitment and selection of candidates, recruit, interview, test and select candidates to fill key division positions including all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conduct new-employee orientations; monitor career-path program; write and place advertisements as needed.
- Administer and maintain unit affirmative action program; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations. Represent the company, when needed, at unemployment hearings. Audit and maintain current work authorizations.
- Work with local managers to determine training needs. Compile data and analyze past and current year training requirements. Recommend and may deliver training programs to support employee and management development.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation and follow-up to foster positive attitude toward company policies. Work with managers to develop pro-active on-boarding plans that prepare employees to meet current and future business objectives.
- Ensure internal consistency and worth in administering job evaluations and compensation programs. Compose new and revised job profiles and recommend evaluations. Assist local managers with salary and wage administration to ensure pay consistency and equity.
- Assist managers with current issues with Worker’s Compensation policies and procedures. Take lead role in ensuring that employees are returned to work as soon as possible. Monitor any and all restricted duty assignments. Review each incident to determine if corrective action is required.
- At least 7 years as Human Resources Manager with a strong HR generalist background and US Labor laws in a manufacturing setting.
- Solid employee relations and services experience.
- Knowledge of US federal and state laws related to US employment and labor.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with employees from various levels in the organization.
- Effective communicator. Active listener. Effective with group and platform presentations, especially to work team audiences. Writes effective e-mails and other correspondence.
- Professional with strong organizational, communication and administrative skills
- Well versed in EEOC guidelines and US Dept. of Labor regulations.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Great ability to interact with senior-level decision makers.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strategic thinker and problem solving.
- PHR/SPHR preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish (reading, writing and speaking).
Executive Search Leader: Jorge Roldan, CPC.