Our client is a leading international grower, importer, and distributor of top quality, healthy produce. Annual sales exceed $1.7 billion with operations in Europe, the US, Canada, Central America, South America, and Asia. Activities include the production, procurement, shipping, ripening, distribution, and marketing of bananas, pineapples, melons, and mushrooms. It ranks as the largest importer of bananas in Europe, the No. 1% importer of offshore melons in North America, and is the third largest producer of mushrooms in North America marketing under a variety of very well-known brands and employs over 2017,000 people worldwide.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced - environment and carries an entrepreneurial mindset, and is able to bring the appropriate structure to a rapidly ever changing environments.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Establish HR department and functions
- Identify competency, knowledge, and talent gaps and drive programs
- Lead recruitment efforts to hire, orient, onboard and train new talent
- Establish and help document and maintain clear roles & responsibilities across all functions of the organization for current & future employees
- Develop current talent and develop succession planning strategy and processes
- Define, document, roll out and implement performance review management and talent assessment processes that provide a seamless connection between employee roles and overall business objectives, as an explicit and fully integrated employee value proposition
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and employee related guidelines
- Advise leadership team on organizational design analysis, decisions, and implementation
- Ensures compliance and consistency to HR practices, and adherence to applicable regulatory requirements at the federal and state levels
- Serve as the dedicated HR Business Partner to the home office team and conducts new employee onboarding and orientation for home office new hires
- defines and protects key pillars and supports and transforms the growth of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- +10 years of HR management, succession planning, hiring & retaining talent experience
- SHRM designation or practical experience maybe considered in lieu of formal certification.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment Experience in Change Management associated with Business and Digital Transformations (Strategy and ERP) Food, CPG, retail, and/or produce industry experience preferred, but not required
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) is a plus