Our client is a leading international grower, importer, and distributor of top quality, healthy produce. Annual sales exceed $1.7 billion with operations in Europe, the US, Canada, Central America, South America, and Asia. Activities include the production, procurement, shipping, ripening, distribution, and marketing of bananas, pineapples, melons, and mushrooms. It ranks as the largest importer of bananas in Europe, the No. 1 importer of offshore melons in North America, and is the third largest producer of mushrooms in North America marketing under a variety of very well-known brands and employs over 17,000 people worldwide.
Our client is seeking a Sr. Finance Manager to be based in Miami, Florida.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assure financial statements are correct and on-timely basis.
- Balance Sheet Management.
- Monitor and improve internal controls.
- Manage cash flow.
- Manage banking relationships, including high level business relationships.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Management and shareholders.
- Assure all assets are protected with appropriate insurance, as are employees.
- Inventory management.
- Oversee legal issues, especially those related to claims.
- Develop and file all government and tax compliance reports including statistical reports to federal, state and local agencies.
- provide work direction to lower level staff establishing performance expectations, monitoring daily tasks and report on results (KPI’s)
- Develop and maintain methodology to more efficiently and accurately calculate various expense and cost of sales accruals and accelerate month end reporting of operating metrics associated with said accruals. Implementation of SAP
- Direct reports: 10
- 5+ years of experience in similar finance roles
- 3+ years of Accounting / Audit experience (preferably Big 4) as a Senior Auditor managing staff and engagement responsibilities.
- Private industry experience desirable (perishables or logistics)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Master’s in accounting /CPA is a plus
- Working knowledge of ERP based systems. Preferably SAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Exposure to EU reporting is a plus (HQ is in Europe)
- Spanish is a plus
- High Energy/Hands on
- Strong leadership personality with ability to take control
- Organized, analytical, detail oriented.
- Quick and accurate work habits – ability to multi tasks.
- Ability to bring “audit mentality” to the financial process
- Sensitive to issues of internal controls.
- Flexible in a diverse work environment