Lead finance, accounting and service departments for operations in Mexico. (both commercial and maquiladora). Serve as lead in administrative, tax areas. Supervise and govern both Mexico and US GAAP financial reporting. Interfaces with VP of Finance, Managing Director and BU President, corp Finance Director, Head of Manufacturing,Sales, customer service, and Financial Managers across the Americas. Also deals with Suppliers and internal and external service providers.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and Analyze accurate and correct financial reporting
- Adhere to US and MX GAAP/IFRS
- Report financial results to operations, corporate, government on monthly basis
- Submit financial results for MX, Costa Rica, Colombia, US.
- Monitor administrative details and government registration for MX, Costa Rica, Colombia, US
- Liase with Colombia, Costa Rica accountants.
- Analyze variances and write monthly discussion and analysis
- Establish and review reconciliation of accounts
- Submit tax reporting to corporate and government agencies
- Prepare wide variety of corporate reporting to include risk, corporate improvement programs, and sales analysis
- Maintain tax management relationships
- Prepare forecasts including capital expenditures, and present to management for approval
- Lead local annual budget process and submission
- Coordinate local Information Systems (IT) implementation and support requirements
- Manage financial results including cash flow & generate finance reports on time
- Present monthly/quarterly/annual financial results to management in order to take appropriate business decisions
- Develop, improve, document & monitor Internal Controls (IC)
- Manage the Finance, Administration, HR implement processes to improve quality of operations.
- Streamline processes & systems to improve productivity.
- Evaluate, initiate & manage new investment plans & related capital expenditure (Capex) requests
- Supervise, manage & monitor Excellence Programs
- Implement changes & monitor that companies apply Group policies & accounting principles
- Supervise & guide project teams, train and motivate them to achieve project goals
- Implement & monitor currency exposure
- Coordinate & supervise responses to ad hoc requests
- Manage lease renewals, some insurance renewals
- Liaise with local attorneys as needed
- Ensure compliance with corporate and local policies
- Oversee overdue A/R, A/P, working capital days, inventory turns, and DSO.
- BA degree Accounting or Finance
- 8 years experience in accounting within manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of Maquiladora (IMMEX) entities. Also understands commercial entities and able to do a consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Strong Mexico general accounting and US GAAP's
- Mexico Fiscal policies, workplace legislation, corporate tax, and basic import & export regulations
- Thorough understanding of financial statement preparation with financial analysis experience.
- Cash Flow management experience.
- Experience with standard cost accounting.
- Payroll knowledge helpful. Familiarity with Tress payroll system a plus.
- Experience with ERP integrated systems (GL/AP/AR/PO/MFG/Inventory). Familiar with Traverse (ERP) and/or Adminpaq/Compaq (Mexico) a plus.
- Familiar with basic Supply Chain, Logistics, Purchasing and Human Resource knowledge.
- Solid administrative background (lease renewals, CAPEX, commission calculations, cost reductions, IT, insurance and risk management)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel abilities.
- Ideal candidate will be hands-on, analytical, multi-tasked, detail oriented, proactive, results oriented, and an excellent problem solver.
- Possesses good leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enthusiastic self-starter, with excellent time management skills, organized, able to implement processes, and provide good follow-up.
- Able to work under pressure capable of meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Valid US Tourist Visa. Able to travel occassionally.
- Native Spanish speaker and English Fluency.