World class consumer products manufacturing company is looking for a Staff Engineering & Automation Manager to be responsible for process definition and evolution, as well as investigation and implementation of new manufacturing technologies. This manager will also plan and coordinate all aspects of the Manufacturing Engineering team to achieve world class employee safety, process control, enhance responsiveness to customer concerns, reduce cost of poor quality and achieve the highest process efficiency by establishing and sustaining robust processes.
- Responsible for the development and deployment of manufacturing processes designed to achieve the highest level of safety, quality and productivity throughout the manufacturing plant.
- Oversee the research, development and launching of new manufacturing equipment / software, processes, policies, standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Improve manufacturing processes through review of all engineering deliverables for technical accuracy and adherence to engineering standards and project schedules.
- Review new product design and works with Design Engineering, Quality Engineering and Operations to identify areas for improved product manufacturability, reduced manufacturing cost, and improved process reliability.
- Develop and implement automation strategies based on business requirements and industry best practices while balancing the organization’s long and short term goals.
- Provide manufacturing capacity availability to meet short and long term business requirements.
- Systemically drive continuous improvement of safety, quality and productivity.
- Through the use of predictive tools such as Risk Assessments, PFMEA, etc. develop & document standardized Manufacturing Processes that are stable, predictable while achieving the highest level of Safety & Quality performance.
- Provide problem solving leadership (both doing & coaching) using structured methodologies.
- Coach & mentor the Engineering team to drive the execution of productivity projects having a positive impact on the sites financial performance.
- Support and engage in the day to day manufacturing process support of production teams (methods, tooling, equipment, problem solving).
- Work closely with manufacturing supervisors & managers as well as other support groups and technical leaders to resolve issues that arise as related to safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Responsible for the planning, development and successful implementation of capital equipment/tooling improvement plans including new product launch activities.
- Drive new product development for the site including APQP deliverables, tooling and equipment concepts, quotations, process development, qualification and approval processes.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Automation, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- MUST have a Minimum of 10+ years of experience leading manufacturing engineering in repetitive manufacturing and highly automated systems. Automotive experience is preferred.
- MUST have experience in Development of automation strategies and giving technical direction to equipment design and manufacturing engineering teams.
- In depth exposure to the principles of Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience in managing and leading large projects within a manufacturing facility.
- Proven track record in the coaching and development of team members.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong work ethics, negotiating skills and innovation mindset.
- Thorough understanding and practical application of lean principles including 8 Waste, 5S+1, TAKT time, Standard Work and Continuous Flow.
- MUST have Working knowledge of manufacturing processes automation.
- MUST have Working knowledge of PCBA test.
- MUST have Working knowledge of manufacturing equipment design, fabrication and assembly.
- Advanced knowledge of best in class assembly operations, part presentation and material flow.
- MUST have Advanced knowledge of manufacturing engineering processes.
- Advanced and/or certified project management skills.
- Ability to own and manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Formal training in Problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Strong computer skills with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and working knowledge of 3D modeling software, such as Auto-Cad.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Manufacturing engineering.
- Manufacturing test.
- Test development.
- Equipment design, fabrication and assembly.
- Equipment maintenance.
- New product introduction.
- Document control.