Our client is a leading public company in the transportation industry. They are a global remanufacturer, manufacturer, and distributor of automotive aftermarket parts for North America and are a publicly-traded company.
Our client has an immediate job opening for a Manager – Contract Accounting to report to and support the Chief Accounting Officer. This position is based at their corporate office in Torrance, CA.
The Manager – Contract Accounting is directly responsible for overseeing all aspects of the contract templates used by Sales/Merchandising. Also responsible for oversight of the Core Accounting Process used by the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
1. Revenue Recognition Support:
- Development of Contract templates for use by Sales/Merchandising.
- Contract Review with Sales/Merchandising.
- Application of ASC 606 on all new contracts put into place.
- Documentation of the above review and application processes under SOX.
2. Core Accounting Process
- Responsible for all Core Accounting related sub-ledgers and G/L Accounts
- Review of Core Revenue transactions estimated and final.
- Maintenance of all Core Reconciliation records.
3. Management of Staff Personnel
- Ongoing hiring and review processes
- Maintaining high efficiency and morale.
4. Interfacing with External Audit personnel on areas of responsibility noted above.
5. Generating Internal Revenue Recognition reports (i.e. Gross Margin Reports)
6. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs and documents work in accordance with the Internal Audit Manual (i.e., policies and procedures) and the Institute of Internal Auditors professional standards.
- Effectively collaborates with a geographically dispersed team to achieve functional objectives, while working independently as required.
- Maintains effective cross-functional communication with others such as process owners and control performers.
- Engages in continuous learning and development to stay current on industry practices and trends, including PCAOB, SEC, COSO, GAAP, and fraud considerations.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s degree preferred; Certified Public Accountant Or Chartered Financial Accountant required; other certifications like CIA, CISA are a plus. Under very special circumstances may consider someone with a very strong public accounting background (i.e. Big 4) and equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience dealing with external and internal audit.
- Experience in financial / operational / IT internal controls (including Sarbanes-Oxley) engagements required.
- Knowledge of setting-up internal controls.
- Some knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Familiarity with the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) framework a plus; knowledge of the Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) framework a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications (Advanced EXCEL) and accounting software. Familiarity of QAD / MFG-Pro a plus.
- Familiarity with manufacturing required.
- Experience with international operations (i.e., maquiladora/NAFTA) a plus.
- Ability to travel frequently within the US and internationally.