Our client is a well-established Horticultural Global leader, packer, and shipper who is seeking a VP of Talent Management to shape the company's culture, overall talent strategy and management, talent development, recruitment, initiatives, policies and practices, and retention programs.
In this role, the VPT must partner effectively with senior leadership to ensure alignment with the changing competitive landscape and strategic direction, focusing on inspiring and developing the capability of the company’s entire workforce.
This position involves developing and implementing initiatives and activities that close performance gaps, build bench strength, promote maximum staff effectiveness, and generate positive business performance while positioning the organization for profitable growth.
Strategy and Leadership responsibilities:
- Serve on the Executive team, representing the Talent & Culture of the company by leading and participating in strategic and business planning, and providing input on cross-departmental matters to the CEO.
- Execute the CEOs vision on talent and culture development, focusing performance management, collaboration and integration across departmental functions.
- Ensure the company remains competitive in recruiting and retaining exceptional people, to support member and staff positions, through strategic approaches to talent acquisition, focus on employee empowerment and developing a competitive retention program.
- Lead & develop best practices for onboarding and professional development training programs.
- Identify “mission critical” bench strength and talent gaps and set talent acquisition strategies to close performance gaps and build bench strength.
- Consult with the Executive Leadership, Management, to identify leadership, talent and capability gaps to develop Talent Acquisition initiatives.
- Turn strategic vision for Talent Acquisition into actionable implementation plans, addressing key tranches of the organization, both functional and geographic on their specific hiring needs.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies to build out talent pipeline for current and future hiring demands.
- Demonstrate excellence in assessing people and matching top performers to key jobs. (i.e., create, nurture and run the company’s high potential program)
- Continuously monitor the organization for top performers and promote internal movements.
- Prepare and review annual recruitment budget and workforce plans.
- Build out data and analytics to measure ROI of TA programs, including metrics on source of hire, time to fill, measure of candidate experience, quality of hiring and ensuring a diverse pipeline of talent.
- Act as a high- level in-house expert on executive coaching for the management team.
- Drive continuous assessment of the company’s people costs and investments relative to the produce industry.
- A strong know-how portfolio on talent management, retention, development and acquisition.
- Ability to understand the corporate strategy and translate into a talent, learning/training and cooperation strategies and tactics.
- Capacity to draw clear connections between a company talent strategy and the company’s strategic and financial priorities.
- A continuous student of best practices that will continuously upgrade our talent management processes.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- MBA or master’s degree in Organizational Development or equivalent experience. Extensive senior-level talent management, and succession planning background.
- Show progressive promotions over 10 years to a senior-level talent management leader, recognized for developing talent and contributing best practices in the space.
- Strong business acumen with a sense of urgency and a desire to achieve top and bottom line results.
- Proven change agent with the record of accomplishment for delivering on people and culture strategies.
- Experience with data analytics, technology, tools, and platforms and processes that support and streamline Global TA effort.
- Experience creating and promoting and employee value proposition with supporting actions in social media, on line and offline branding activities.
- Experience working directly with Board of Directors, C-Suite and senior level leadership on significant talent initiatives.
- Demonstrate ability to lead through influence across geography and culture.
- Ability to measure KPIs and articulate key talent outcomes that impact the business and create action plans to overcome challenges in a timely manner.