Our client, a global consumer products leader with some of the world’s best recognized brands, is currently seeking a high-impact Sr. Plant Manager to lead in their growth.
The Plant Manager has responsibility for directing and controlling all elements of the production operations within capital and operating budget parameters for the Mexicali, BC Mexico facility. Responsible for plant safety for over 900 associates which in high season may increase to 2000 associates. Recommends and implements more efficient production methods, processes, purchasing, tooling, and manpower usage techniques as required to meet or exceed budget and meet sales demands. Formulates strategic production plans consistent with company future planning in terms of facilities, equipment, machinery, and personnel. Execute other duties as assigned. Position reports to Global Director of Operations.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for Labor Efficiency, OEE, DPPM, Cost of Failure metrics
- Work closely with Engineering to introduce new products/programs to manufacturing, new capital equipment, and improvements to capital equipment.
- Deliver forecasted hours in order to meet demand and plan headcount/labor to reflect that demand
- Improve OEE through implementing more efficient methods as well as utilizing lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Set clear and meaningful performance expectations for direct reports as well as establishing performance objectives for dotted line responsibilities of 900+ manufacturing support and direct labor associates.
- Responsible for managing Plant Productivity
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and necessary records to assure accurate inventories of materials, parts and finished goods.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or related field preferred or comparable work experience will be considered.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Plant Manager or similar. May consider a Sr. Operations Manager in a very large manufacturing site.
- Experience managing in Mexico.
- 7-10 years in manufacturing management
- 2-4 years’ experience managing multiple departments
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be very hands-on and practice GEMBA.
- Technical skill set and experience with injection molding, high volume, and seasonal production a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize OPEX and lean manufacturing principles.
- Understanding of P&L / financial performance management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills. Empathetic. Managing a multicultural team is a plus (Mexico, USA, etc.)
- Conflict management and resolution experience coupled with high emotional intelligence. Able to make difficult decisions.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams.
- Able to work in a matrix organization.
- Strong process orientation, high capacity for analysis, and possessing a “can do attitude.”
- Highly committed with a strong work ethic and able to work long hours/work week.
- Fluent in English (95%+). Spanish fluency required.
- Competent in Microsoft Office.