Our client, a worldwide leader and pioneer in the food industry, is seeking a seasoned VP of Finance to be based in Ensenada, Mexico.
The VP of Finance role provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization. The VP of Finance reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and directly assists the Directors on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyzing company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Oversee accounting staff.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information.
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Managing cash flow.
- Building an accounting department as the company grows
- Interacting with private equity investors and board of directors.
- Oversee implementation of new ERP system.
- Participation in legal matters pertaining the company.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
Candidate Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required
- 7-10 years of managerial accounting and financial management experience in a rapidly growing start-up environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time
- Merger and acquisition finance experience is a plus
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Strong understanding of US accounting and tax rules. Familiarity with cross border operations
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP)
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Efficiently manage tasks and time
- Ability to convince and negotiate
- Friendly, good to deal with people
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines