In this role you will develop the sales of Single Use biopharmaceutical process solutions to small, medium and larger customers on West Coast for single use bioreactors/fermenters and the entire bioprocess. This is a home-based sales position and as such the candidate must reside within the respective region in order to take on this role.
Candidate Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Full accountability for sales of the respective product platform within your sales territory
- Planning, development, implementation and follow up of sales and activity plans, key account plans and other sales development activities.
- Identify development potential in related accounts by studying current business
- Explore and follow up proactively new opportunities.
- Lead technical and process related discussions with customer Subject Matter experts, hold product and scientific presentations and represent the company at relevant conferences in your territory
- Coordinate demonstrations at facility
- Contribute information to sales strategies by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products; analyzing and relaying customer reactions
- Update your own job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Support marketing activities in collecting and documenting activities of competitors. Participate in development of proposition which allows development, positioning and production of new sales support material
- Identify, qualify, and develop new business opportunities.
- Develop and drive sales opportunity and account strategies.
- Team with Business Units to qualify, develop, and close opportunities. Maintain close working relationships within company offices to drive activity/results through the leveraging and consistent application of corporate best practice sales processes and initiatives.
- Arrange sales calls, understand competitor activity, and coordinate presentations and proposals.
- Provide regular reporting of activities including forecasts and call reports.
- Providing input and analysis of market and industry trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidate Skills & Qualifications:
- 4 year University Degree (Level 7 or equivalent) in Science, Engineering, or Business.
- Proven field sales experience and/or other commercial experience in related technologies. At least 5 years direct sales experience is desired. Strong emphasis on the ability to listen and present appropriate technical solutions.
- Technical sales experience in biotech or pharmaceutical manufacturing. Technical sales experience in biopharm process development environment also considered.
- Strong knowledge and background in biopharmaceutical manufacturing is desired.
- Willingness to engage in regular travel according to business needs (up to 50%).
- Excellent oral presentation and technical writing as well as solid project management skills.