Our client is a global leader and a Forbes Global 2000 company manufacturing and supplying electrical products and digital building infrastructures with over 40,000 employees worldwide and over $6 billion USD in sales. Due to growth, our client currently seeks a Senior Project Manager to ensure all project objectives, production transfers, and program launches are met including performance, schedule, cost, reliability, and quality. Position is based in Anaheim, CA and will relocate to Tijuana, Mexico after the transferrence project is complete.
Reporting to the VP Operations, this position will be responsible for managing various product transfers between manufacturing sites, insourcing projects from other suppliers, business integrations, site closures, and various other projects.
Manage all aspects of assigned projects including: initiation, project plan development, design, scheduling, execution, monitoring, providing project plan updates, and closure. Deliver project plan objectives – safety, quality, service savings, cost, and schedule.
Main Job Duties:
- Primary responsibility is to ensure all project objectives are achieved including safety, quality, service savings, cost, and schedule.
- Identify all internal and external resources, whether financial or human resources, required to complete the project successfully. Ensure required resources are adequately allocated and available to support the project. Coordinate all resources to ensure successful project completion.
- Apply project management standard practices to create and maintain project schedules and action items to meet key milestones, track and manage project financials vs. plan, communicate project status to appropriate stakeholders, mitigate risks, and successfully lead the project team to achieve the goals above.
- Document and deliver regular project status reports to program management, and maintain project data archives per established internal protocols.
- Serve as primary point of communication activities to internal customers and key stakeholders related to all aspects of the project.
- Identify potential project risks and proactively implement solutions to mitigate risks.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Report and escalate issues to management as appropriate.
- Performs various other similar duties as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required in a discipline related to Operations, Engineering, or Business Administration.
- Experience: Minimum 2+ years’ experience as a Project Manager or similar role. Experience with product transfers, preferably to Mexico, is required. Minimum 8 years overall experience with manufacturing operations in Mexico required, preferably in a make to order / custom / configure to order environment.
- Certification: Six Sigma Green Belt is a must, Black Belt certification preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong project management skills are required. Certification in Project Management (PMP / Prince II) is a plus.
- Individual must have strong organizational and time management skills, high attention to detail, and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Must be able to effectively delegate tasks, follow up, and hold people accountable to complete tasks according to commitment dates.
- Individual must possess initiative and be self-driven to deliver expected results.
- Strong problem solving skills are required.
- Technical knowledge about various manufacturing processes (molding, metal fab., assy.), design principles, quality principles and types of equipment is required.
- Ability to understand technical, commercial, and financial concepts and effectively communicate in each of these areas across all levels of the organization. Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus, extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information. Able to create effective reports, presentations and business correspondence and be comfortable presenting such to senior leadership and key customers.
- Experience with Project Management software and tools (i.e. Microsoft Project or similar) and Microsoft office is required.
- Must be fluent in English (written and verbal). Fluency in Spanish, at an 85%+ level is a plus.
- Travel: 25% to 50%, including travel to Mexico, depending upon location