The General Manager (GM) presides over the company's operations in Mexico and is responsible for establishing the company's goals and strategies while presiding over the entire workforce. The GM oversees budgets, ensures resources are properly allocated, monitors departmental progress and goals, and is responsible for overall accountability of the Mexico group.
Strategic Vision and Leadership:
- Create, communicate, and implement vision, mission, and overall direction.
- Develop strategic plans to guide the direction of the business by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Accomplish objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Lead, direct, and evaluate the work of the entire workforce.
- Direct staff, including organizational structure, professional development, motivation, performance evaluation, discipline, compensation, employee policies, and procedures.
- Oversee the organization in accordance with the direction established in strategic plans, company policies and practices.
- Direct financial goals, objectives, and budgets.
- Evaluate the success of the organization.
Growth and Development:
- Maintain awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards, etc.
- Build company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards and ethical business practices.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Experience in building and developing successful sales organizations.
- Proven ability to sell technology products to distributors and resellers.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of power supply products and the IT market.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracts, negotiating, and change management.
- Proven ability to read, speak and understand the English language.
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources, analyze and interpret financial data, and identify and secure funding/revenue sources.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to develop and deliver presentations and product trainings in Spanish and English.
- 10 years of experience in corporate leadership roles managing multiple people.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in Business or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Domestic and international travel is required.