As a Plant Manager, provides leadership and direction to the plant in all areas of responsibility. The primary duties of this position are to direct and manage all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, facility and equipment maintenance, quality, plant cleanliness and other production-related activities. The candidate is responsible for maintaining production to achieve budgeted volumes and quality standards. Position reports to VP Mexico Operations.
Position Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the overall activities of the manufacturing facilities of the plant to ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, produced and shipped at the lowest possible cost to meet the customers' requirements while maintaining corporate established quality standards.
- Develops manufacturing organizational strategies by contributing manufacturing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Oversees and/or develops analyzes and reviews a variety of production reports to improve costs employee commitment on quality, efficiency, cycle times, 5’s, scrap reduction, process improvement activities .
- Facilitate standardized procedures / work instructions / visual factory / equipment utilization between multiple facilities and incorporate best practices methodology.
- Coordinate plant activities with material management to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner
- Coordinate activities with the management team to implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Establishes manufacturing operational strategies by evaluating manufacturing trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing manufacturing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change
- Ensures that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOP's) are developed and maintained for all aspects of the business
- Management of the manufacturing of the promotional channel thru mail volumes on time delivery while achieving quality standards
Qualifications Required for Effective Performance:
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader who takes pride in team success and development. We’re looking for a resourceful problem-solver with management skills, who demonstrates a naturally high level of leadership initiative that only world class leaders possess. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, good attention to detail, and the ability to interact effectively and professionally. Strong initiative and organizational skills, and the ability to effectively multi-task and juggle shifting priorities also required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years in a managerial role, specifically at a plant manager or operations manager Level
- 8+ years in management and leadership experience in a manufacturing environment in Mexico.
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements
- Strong team player with high levels of integrity, energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent Lean/Six Sigma tools experience and ability desired.
Candidate Skill and Abilities:
- Ability to understand the vision of the organization and translate it into specific plans and actions that achieve desired results.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to effectively solve problems both on an individual and collaborative approach
- Strong technical skills and experience in the area of quality control in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated leadership to maximize section resources
- Strong planning and organizational skills and experience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Utilization of structured methodologies (i.e. LEAN, Six Sigma) to develop processes and procedures for organization, experience with quality assurance standards.
- Must be a strong executor who has the ability to assist with strategy development at all levels of the organization to drive business performance
- Deal effectively with pressure and maintain focus and intensity while remaining optimistic and persistent, even under adversity
- Ability to multi-task with multiple priorities and time frames as well as adapt to constantly changing work environment and product content
- Ability to manage and resolve conflicts and disagreements in a positive and constructive manner to minimize negative impact.
- Strong communication, analytical, lateral thinking, planning and problem solving skills.
- 5+ years in project management.
- English 90% plus and Spanish fluency.
- Supervision Received: Reports to VP MX.
- Supervision Exercised: Yes
- Available Guidelines: Yes
- Situational Judgement: Considerable judgement is exercised in dealing with public, from the highest to the lowest level inside/outside the company. Must have the ability to take action through the application of problem solving, teamwork and initiative as well as being able to determine when to defer to higher authority.
- Authority to Make Commitments: Has authority to make commitments in accordance with internal regulations and other guidelines.
- Expected Time to Achieve Full Performance: 3 months.