Our client is a high-end consumer product goods manufacturer seeks a Production Manager to oversee their Tijuana, B.C., Mexico wood working facility.
- Responsible for Producing Quality Products and delivering them on time.
- Responsible for the development of strong teams and Production management including: Safety deployment, successful new product introductions and continuous improvement strategies to lower costs and improve quality.
- Responsible for leading a manufacturing team in a wood working operation with a headcount of over 350 employees.
- Leadership for the plant manufacturing team including 3 Production Supervisors in a high mix and high-volume Wood Manufacturing plant.
- Develop Manufacturing Strategies & plans to support company strategies.
- Ensures successful New Product launches and determines processes and procedures (SOP’s).
- Ensures efficient Quality in process, cost improvement, project development and on-time delivery.
- Improves supply chain and production planning.
- Develops a continuous improvement culture within the operation.
- Implements and improves Key Metric indicators and makes sure they are adhered to the company goals.
- Supports and encourages a Safe Work environment and oversees compliance with Environmental laws.
- Works with the Sales & Marketing team to identify/implement cost and quality improvement opportunities.
- 10 plus years of experience as a Production/Operations Manager in a mid-size wood working manufacturing operation.
- Previous experience running a wood working facility or department. Wood working experience is required to be considered for this position.
- Solid in production, quality, process engineering and production planning is preferred.
- Must have experience and knowledge with budgets and KPI’s.
- Must be familiar with Mexico/U.S. border issues and challenges and Maquiladora (IMMEX) entities.
- Quality background is desired.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
- Candidate will have strong leadership skills, excellent problem solving, good communication and listening skills, as well as high energy, a high capacity for analysis with a strong customer focus.
- Engineering Degree or similiar backbround.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a very dynamic work environment.
- Resource planning and able to work with existing tools.
- Experience in managing resources.
- Strong communication skills and straight forward-thinking personality.
- Self-motivated and self-oriented.
- Highest level of proactivity.
- Team player.
*Open to Mexico or U.S. payroll