We are representing a global consumer products and soft goods retail leader to identify their next Sourcing Manager to be based in Guadalajara, Mexico. Our client is undergoing aggressive growth and requires a true business partner to help steer this Mexico retail leader.
- Responsible for end-to-end sourcing of raw materials including but not limited to textiles, dyes, threads, etc, evaluating and managing existing and potential suppliers in both local and LATAM markets.
- Will maintain an updated supplier database and source for additional sources, to guarantee availability of materials for a high-volume demand.
- Fulfills sourcing plans and programs to reach pre-determined objectives. Will establish goals and strategies for the department, and will manage material, technical and human resources.
- Will lead sourcing team in identifying new suppliers and develop exhisting suppliers.
- Will be responsible for evaluating sustainability and compliance of current and suppliers to align with company goals in terms of sustainability goals.
- Analyze supplier’s capacity.
- Supplier sourcing and scouting activities in the relevant market of reference (Mexico, LATAM, USA, Asia).
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
Education: University Degree in a relevant field is required; higher education as an MBA is not a must but it is convenient.
Languages: English and Spanish
The successful candidate has proven strategic sourcing and negotiation experience of raw materials, more specifically within a retail industry.
- Developing suppliers and evaluating their performance.
- Supply Chain experience is a plus.
- Availability and willingness to travel
- Highest level of proactivity
- Teamwork attitude
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Is absolutely trustworthy, has unquestionable integrity and ethical standards as well as an excellent reputation.
- Excellence in direction and pace setting, experience in turning things around; change manager.
- Displays perseverance enabling him/her to maintain a clear line towards superiors, business partners and colleagues. Able to make clear choices and evaluate risks in challenging discussions.
- Self-motivated and self-oriented.
- Strong communication skills – both within plant organization as well as with corporate procurement team
- Organizational talent and networking abilities make him/her an active and pleasant counterpart for colleagues, keeping an open mind during discussions.
- Radiates confidence through the strength of his/her intellect, leadership style, and ability to manage interpersonal relationships at all levels.
Leadership skills: The ideal candidate has proved his/her leadership ability by leading teams successfully. A successful candidate:
- Will be a strong people-manager who can build a high-performing team.
- Creates and communicates a vision.
- The candidate should display excellent communication skills, allowing him/her to communicate effectively within as well as outside of the organization.
- A team worker that shares his/her knowledge and experience to benefit the organization and the individuals who shape it.
Problem solving skills
- Resourcefulness in identifying solutions to different challenges related to quantity, quality and time constraints.
- Strategic thinker, able to anticipate demand increases, shortages and adjustments overall of purchasing department.
- Thinks creatively and constructively in solving problems and subsequently “doing the right thing”.
- Possesses high level of stress tolerance, continuing to perform effectively when facing time pressure, adversity, disappointment and opposition.
- Identifying problems, recognizing significant information, making connections between data.
- Actively focused on achieving results and objectives; ready to take action in case of disappointing results.