Our client is a medical device contract manufacturing company with steady growth who seeks an Accounting Supervisor to be based at its Tijuana manufacturing facility. This position has the opportunity to grow. Position reports to Assistant Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Month end close including complex reconciliations and journal entries.
- Prepare financial statements and ensure are accurate and US GAAP compliant.
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations and research any discrepancies.
- Coordinate with outside auditors and provide audit schedules and GL information as requested.
- Monitor and ensure the company is in compliance with tax obligations.
- Ensure internal controls are in place and followed.
- Responsible for handling fixed assets transactions and keeping accurate records.
- Review monthly budget vs actual reports with Financial Analyst.
- Develop and maintain written operational procedures and ensure cross training is performed.
- Collaborate with team members in accounting and other departments to create process improvements.
- Maintain related files and records in accordance with company and regulatory requirements and practices.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements for multiple entities.
- Oversee A/P transactions
- Responsible for supervising, mentoring and motivating accounting team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidate Experience and Skills Required:
- 5 years’ relevant experience in general accounting in a medium or large company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with Journal entries preparation
- Experience with Balance Sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliations, a must.
- Experience overseeing Accounts Payable transactions
- Fixed Assets management experience
- Experience and knowledge of international and foreign currency transactions
- Audit preparation experience
- Ability to analyze complex problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to travel and work in the San Diego office when required
- Highly prefer Maquiladora manufacturing experience
- Mexico Tax understanding, a must
- Intermediate Word and Excel skills, ERP system experience (Macola, IQMS, a plus)
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish is a must.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and complete multiple priorities.
- Must exercise a high degree of initiative, judgment and discretion.
- Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.