Our client is a FORTUNE 500 company and global leader in consumer products and medical devices who offers a wealth of career growth opportunities allowing you to reach your full potential. Our client is actively seeking a Sr. Sales Manager to be based in Mexico City.
Attain or exceed profit objectives, market penetration, and product category volumes, through the leadership and development of the market in S&IP, Core Device, Chronic Interventional, IV infusion and Surgical Pain sectors.
Nature & Scope:
This Mexico based position will report to the Director Sales and Marketing LATAM.
The person is expected to lead the development, implementation and monitoring of the strategic plan across the region. They will be required to develop the tactical plans and programs to achieve the business objectives assigned to the respective markets. This will be achieved by leadership and effective management of the distributors and a small support team based in the region.
The incumbent will be expected to have a proven success in the selling and marketing of clinician preference led medical devices. They will also be required to have a strong knowledge of Latin American HC systems and reimbursement structure and be skilled in creating alignment with the various associations and societies.
A key competency will require the individual to have the stature to successfully represent the company’s interests in the forums determining medical technology reimbursement. Supporting the reimbursement requirements will be the capability to work with and nurture relationships and networks supporting investigator led clinical studies to drive market adoption and development.
This role will appeal to those with a true entrepreneurial spirit where building and shaping the direction and structure of the business will be vital.
This will be achieved by building and developing business opportunities and relationships with key strategic customers, distributors operating in their respective sectors.
Job Principal Accountabilities:
- Manage the activities of the region, sales team and distributors to support and drive key business activities to ensure Sales Revenue, Gross Profit and New Product Launch Targets are delivered on time and achieve set objectives for identified distributor partners.
- Oversee business planning for key distributor businesses, driving and consulting with global marketing teams, distributor management and partners to facilitate rigorous and timely delivery of aggressive growth plans
- Identify market development opportunities for the respective categories. Working with the support teams ensure these options are value added for the overall pain business. Coordinate and lead quarterly business reviews with Key Distributors.
- Consistently achieve sales results within assigned region and major healthcare accounts through leadership in the development of strategies and objectives, and directing the development and implementation of tactical plans. Deploy appropriate resources to achieve objectives.
- On an ongoing basis collaborate with functional heads to innovate around value added initiatives to boost business performance, directly or indirectly, with key partners
- Work closely with, coach and provide feedback to Team members to maximize their effectiveness and prepare them for current and future assignments. Utilize all aspects of company’s Performance Management Process to consistently provide means for Team members to utilize skills, deliver business results and model global leadership qualities to enhance personal and team effectiveness. Drive a high performance culture by setting demanding and challenging personal and business objectives.
- Channel Partners and Key Distributor/Dealers
- End Users - Hospitals, Surgical Centers
- Team Leaders and operational teams
- Sales Operations
- Global Marketing teams
- Regulatory team
- Direct Clinical Support team
- Clinical and Medical Affairs
- Associations and Organizations, as well as reimbursement authorities and stakeholders
Candidate Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 8-10 years selling with evidence of taking new medical technologies to market
- Management leadership experience
- Experience in working with and understanding the of reimbursement programs within healthcare in key markets achieving positive outcomes.
- Prior/current business development/distributor management experience.
- Experience in building clinical programs and structures
- Experience of effectively working in a matrix organization and markets would be desirable
- Fluency in a minimum of 2 of the following languages: Spanish, Portuguese, English
- Must be comfortable working alone & unsupervised for periods of time
- Outstanding communication skills and team-player
- Evidenced problem solving skills and decision making ability
- Ability to recognize and address process gaps
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Cross-cultural awareness
- Bachelor Degree Required. Masters Degree Preferred. Emphasis in Business Administration, Marketing and Sales, or Nursing preferred.