Our client is a globally known and publically listed company with 70+ years’ experience and historical sales approximating $200 million. Our client has developed an enviable position of market leadership and is known as a visionary in innovation, quality, reliability, and technical competence. Headquarters are in New Jersey 30 miles from New York. Manufacturing facilities are in North Carolina, Mexico, U.K., Malaysia and in the near future in Brazil. Due to rapid growth and expansion they are opening a new plant in Tijuana, Mexico. If you have start-up experience and have led operations in a Fabrication plant, we would like to talk to you.
The primary responsibility of the Operations Manager (Fabrication Shop) is to oversee general fabrication shop operations; and to ensure all equipment is maintained and serviced according to established protocols.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and serviced according to established protocols
- Develop employee schedules to utilize time wisely and ensure orders are completed timely
- Track and maintain inventory and submit required quarterly inventory reports
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels and insure that materials and equipment are accounted for to avoid loss, theft, waste or damage
- Responsible for the preparation, organization and maintenance of job files, records, OSHA records
- Ensure jobs stay within projected bids to avoid overages in cost to the company.
- Coordinate with production manager
- Ensure all incoming materials are off loaded properly according to Company safety policies and procedures
- Ensure subordinates perform on going quality control inspections to detect fabrication errors/problems
- All other job duties as assigned
Candidate Required Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of fabrication techniques, internet, inventory, project management, spreadsheet and word process software
- Minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all available products used by the Company as it relates to product installation
- Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain professional working relationships with builders, vendors, subordinates and co-workers
- Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and supervisors in a professional and courteous manner
- Proactively identify, analyze, address, and resolve problem areas, conflicts, and issues
- Displays willingness to make decisions
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, and makes timely decisions
- Strong organizational skills to insure adequate tracking systems are utilized to maintain and track all required information associated with the ordering and production process
- Working knowledge of internet, inventory, project management, spreadsheet and word process software and order processing systems.
- Self - starter with excellent problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills to promote positive employee contributions and the ability to encourage teamwork in a very dynamic environment.
Candidate Education and Experience:
- BS degree – Mechanic, Mechatronic, Industrial engineering, (MBA desirable)
- Knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing techniques (Green or Black belt desirable)
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience with compliance to OSHA CFR
- Knowledge of business, finance and management principles
- Proficient with MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint. Minimum of a two (2) year business or technical degree.
- This position requires a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a fabrication environment, and a minimum of two (2) years supervisory or team leadership experience. Strong working knowledge of CNC machining, powder paint and metal fabrication required
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
Reports to: Plant Manager