Our client is a global manufacturing leader in their field with worldwide operations. Our client is looking for a talented Human Resources Manager with a strong manufacturing background that can partner with the Plant Manager and the plant staff. The position reports directly to the Plant Manager of Nuevo Laredo operations and will work closely with Corporate on new implementations for this site. Main challenges of the position are to modernize the site, implement robust HR processes and work on creating and implement programs for its employees, to ultimately become an employer of choice in the City of Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas.
- Strategy - Be the thought and business partner to the General Manager and the leadership team to develop the HR strategies to support the current and future needs of the business.
- Employee relations - Proactively engage with employees of every function and level to ensure that impactful two-way communication takes place.
- Union relations - Manage all aspects of union relationships
- HR processes - Manage HR processes including performance management, talent reviews, succession planning, individual development planning, compensation, payroll, etc.
- Organizational capability - Work with the business leaders to assess, analyze and understand functional (e.g., Sales Excellence) and leadership competency strengths and gaps of individuals and the organization, then work with leaders to address key gaps and play to strengths.
- Deliver team effectiveness, leadership development and other training's and workshops to employees and managers.
- Staffing - Ensure a steady flow of talent into the organization, including managing rotational development programs.
- Culture - The HR Manager is the role model of and the key shaper of the culture we are creating, which is a culture of innovation, experimentation and challenging the status quo.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by leveraging the power that results from aligning purpose, people, and values.
- Dedicated HR Team responsible for driving operational improvements, focusing on creating new efficient and effective support models.
- Simplify the administrative portion of HR work, refocus time on process improvement and projects aligned to the current success of the business.
- Successfully manage people’s performance, providing support with regards to developmental needs. Ensuring we have skilled, motivated and engaged people driving the business to the next level.
- Continue to focus and Identify opportunity that can be leveraged as cost saving, value added synergies across the global landscape. Not only in cost saving but in all overall value and return of the capital being deployed.
Exploit the Digital Space
- Improve responsiveness in relation to the needs of the organization in a appropriate time frame by maintaining compliance, performing analyses and improving HR productivity.
- Be the voice for your location.
- Communicate regularly with the VP of HR at Corporate.
- Be transparent.
- Delicate balance between your local leadership and your relationship with the VP of HR.
- You must communicate information that appears unethical or in violation of the company values.
- We are a global company and Global standards are very important.
- Insure the best talent is recruited…it’s our future.
- Do things that attract the best and brightest.
- Deliver processes that increase productivity, cut out processes and stuff that does not deliver value.
- Establish a regular communications cadence.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a closely related major required.
- 10 plus years HR experience within manufacturing companies.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Expertise in HR processes and Mexico employment law
- Master communicator, both written and verbal.