Our client is a global leader currently seeking an experienced General Manager to become a member of their Global Operations team leading the Controls and Sensors Manufacturing Business based in Tijuana, Mexico with over 1000 employees. The General Manager will be responsible for directing and managing plant operations in two sites and facilitate the maximization of resources to achieve customer satisfaction, OTD, productivity, schedule adherence and economic goals. This position reports to VP, Operations Americas.
- Drive significant Lean/Six Sigma transformation of the manufacturing and Production Planning Operations
- Develop and execute a business improvement effort – for OTD, quality and inventory execution strategy that supports the companies’ overall strategy
- Achieving breakthrough and continuous improvements in operations from beginning to end in regards to safety, quality, delivery, cost, and working capital
- Lead team of employees in planning, organizing, directing and running optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Increasing production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Responsibility for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Develop metrics, reporting dashboards, and communication of operations performance to the business
- Coach, direct and develop team members to achieve their goals as well as that of the business
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop multi-plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Influence and learn from current team
- Stay up to date with latest manufacturing management best practices and concepts
- Must have previous experience as a General Manager, Director of Operations or Senior Plant Manager (or similar) running multiple plants or a large site.
- 10+ years/related experience in manufacturing
- Previous experience managing manufacturing operations in Mexico.
- Prefer experience in a similar industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related filed; prefer BSIE or BSEE. Masters a plus.
- Understanding of an ERP system; Oracle experience is preferred
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, basic finance, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Be knowledgeable of lean, safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory processes
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills (i.e. Six Sigma, root cause, PFMEA)
- Demonstrated ability to accept new ideas, engage in creative, innovative and systemic thinking to develop unique, differentiated solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership
- Strong decision-making skills with clear goals for meetings or projects
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to manage change
- Ability to listen, influence others, manage change and effectively motivate through open communication. Must possess solid emotional intelligence and consensus building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize critical issues and display the initiative and flexibility in dealing with them
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) to prepare spreadsheets, graphs, presentations and reports
- Ability to travel Domestically and International (USA)