Our client, a global premier automotive components manufacturer is seeking a Finance Manager for its operation in Tijuana, Mexico. The position reports to the Director of Operations Finance, Americas.
The ideal candidate will oversee financial analysis, financial planning, standard cost accounting and finance project management.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide the operations leaders with actionable insights and analysis to define, measure and deliver world-class performance and productivity.
- Lead the annual standard cost update process ensuring timely & accurate cost rolls while harmonizing local conventions to company global frameworks.
- Lead the preparation of all presentation materials for the annual operating plan and all forecasting work-streams.
- Partner with planning teams to model the optimal inventory levels. Develop operating mechanisms to drive performance to established targets on balance, turns and cycle.
- Ensure inventory accuracy and transactional controllership for all material movements across the sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidate Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience as a Finance Manager in a large plant/multi-sites or head of finance for manufacturing (i.e. controller, finance controller, or finance director)
- Profit center experience, site manufacturing experience.
- Over 5 years’ experience managing people.
- Strong experience with FP&A, strategic planning, standard cost accounting, budgeting, forecasting, capital project management.
- Proven ability to develop strong business partnerships, operate in a strategic capacity, lead through influence and drive impact in a cross-functional environment.
- Highly effective time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to execute across several concurrent, high-exposure deliverables.
- Ability to analyze large sets of data to extract key themes to turn them into actionable insights for functional leaders.
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills across all levels of management & executive staff.
- An unwavering commitment to integrity and internal controls is a must
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel & PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma & lean principles.
- Properly manage confidential data including, but not limited to, item costs & construction, labor costs and strategic plans.
- JDE and/or Oracle systems experience highly preferred.
- Potential for growth Finance Director under succession plan.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- University Degree in accounting, finance or business. Master’s degree a plus.