Our electronics contract manufacturing client is seeking an experienced General Manager to plan, direct, and control activities of company operations in Mexicali, Mexico. The 350+ employee plant site is a state-of-the-art electronics facility that manufactures printed circuit boards for a broad set of customers and is currently experience aggressive growth that will double the operation. Responsibility extends through all functions of the plant, including receiving, purchasing operations, production, quality, engineering, human resources, materials and accounting. Position reports to CEO. Position is open to Mexico Payroll and U.S. payroll for those with legal U.S. work status.
Key Outcomes-Value Creation Plan:
1. OPERATIONS LEADERSHIP: Plan, direct and control activities of the Mexicali, MX facility
- Participates in the development, execution and communication of facility principles, policies and objectives.
- Directs the operations of the Mexicali Electronics Manufacturing Facility.
- Directs the development and implementation of operating, manufacturing and purchasing standards and goals
- Develops and maintains a sound plan of organization and provides for management development which will ensure the continuing effective management of EMS Operations.
- Participates and recommends the allocation of operations resources in a manner which will provide optimum efficiency and return-on-investment.
- Participates in establishing operations guidelines for annual operating and profit plans.
- Reviews and evaluates cost effectiveness, consistency, quality, accuracy and performance to standards and takes action as necessary to correct discrepancies.
- Maintains appropriate communications within and between various plant and corporate functional areas to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Evaluates and responds to profit/loss statements, operation reports and performance records to ensure expected performance levels are achieved.
- Recruits, builds and leads the team
- Partner with CEO and other members of leadership to develop strategy.
- Completes and performs other duties/tasks as may be assigned.
2. PROFESSIONALIZE THE BUSINESS: Best-in-class EMS Operations Functions
- Create plan, including specific details how functions will become "best-in-class"
- Implement new ERP system
- Standard operating procedures and process enabled by technology
- Identify Continuous Improvement Lean Initiatives.
3. CUSTOMER RETENTION: Achieve 95% retention rate at same or better economics
- Net promoter score >80
- Effectively communicate any issues
- Feedback loops to gauge customer satisfaction
Candidate Experience and Requirements:
- Experience with electronics manufacturing (i.e. SMT, PCBA, Box Build).
- 7+ years experience as a General Manager or Director of Operations or similar in EMS (electronics contract manufacturing)or at the very least electronics OEM.
- Familiar with Mexico is highly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of management and operating principles including lean manufacturing learned through experience/specific training.
- Highly focused on and actively leads daily operations activities leading to excellent levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to scale organization and improve operations functions. Able to lead aggressive growth and possible multi-sites.
- History of onboarding significant customer growth
- Ability to oversee implementation of new systems, including ERP systems and create automated management reports in a real-time environment.
- History of building "best-in-class" process
- History of building teams and able to work in a team environment
- History of retaining customer through various contract cycles
- Able to implement Net Promoter Score and feedback look.
- Ability to promote joint action and communication to achieve results between functions
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Promote continuous improvement effort
- Authentic, comfortable in field to drive change
- High EQ combined with excellent team building and leadership skills
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English and experience working in Mexico is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office