Director of Operations
Our client is a global and well-established Produce Grower, Packer and Shipper who is seeking a Director of Operations to lead the organization towards operational excellence mainly tactically and strategically working besides the VP of Operations.
This position has overall responsibilities for Operations, Cost Control, Ripening, Shipping, Distribution and Value-add centers as well as Facility Safety. This position offers growth, as both the category and company are scaling to meet market demand and conditions. It is vital that the organization has someone that is dedicated, responsible and genuine in their approach with below requirements. Its position is not only management of both team members and facilities, it is also analytical in nature and requires fine-tuned reporting and data mining skills.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Identify, hire, manage, motivate, develop and recognize operations staff; the team may include various levels of managers, supervisors, team leads, and operators.
· Ensure compliance with applicable policies, local, federal, and international rules and regulations by establishing practices procedures and self-auditing mechanisms.
· Provide operations direction for cross-functional teams, champion improvements in quality, productivity, service, and cost, and drive towards high performance. Maintain manufacturing strategies for all operating facilities, as well as for ensuring alignment with overall company objectives and strategy.
· Collaborate with other functions, such as Quality, R&D, Compliance and Supply Chain to ensure alignment and results.
· Partner with Marketing to ensure readiness and successful integration of new products into the site. Ensure requirements are clearly communicated early in the product lifecycle, and that the plant is doing all possible to establish manufacturability and process capability prior to launch.
· Review and approve procedures and support documentation to support manufacturing and/or project activities.
· Establish formal and informal feedback mechanisms and frequently monitor execution to ensure compliance with plant requirements and expectations.
· Develop, submit and/or propose to senior management for consideration and allocation of funds and other resources particularly capital expenditures.
· Spend a portion of time on the production floor and with our production employees, listening to concerns and opportunities, driving high engagement and employee involvement in pursuit of continuous improvement across all areas.
· Champions efforts to improve the ergonomic impact of our operations and ensures timely and aggressive investigation and corrective/preventive actions for any reported mishaps with operational excellence.
· Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment free of any harassment, discrimination, and highest ethical/quality standards.
· Approves, influences and oversees the annual expense budgets for areas of responsibility and provides signature approval.
· Perform other duties as required or assigned.
· Travel approximately 35%
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, industrial management or another appropriate field is required. Masters of Science (MS) degree or Masters of Business (MBA) preferred if able.
· 10+ years of operations leadership experience in produce environments with prior experience as a value stream, plant manager or equivalent. Must have a strong blend of technical and business experience.
· Must have successful leadership experience and track record developing teams and employee engagement; project management; working effectively with cross-functional teams, organizational transformation and cost reduction.
· Strong understanding of Lean Six Sigma desired.
· Knowledge and experience in automation, process improvement, lean and simplification. Black Belt or Master Black Belt certification preferred.
· Previous exposure to ERP systems and understand of MRP operational philosophy.
· Must be self-motivated, have good interpersonal and managerial skills, capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Candidate Skills, Knowledge & Behaviors
1. Interpersonal Effectiveness: Actively seeks to understand perspectives and interpersonal needs and expectations of others at all levels, builds self- awareness, flexes personal style appropriately, and works through conflicts constructively and appropriately
2. Communication: Effectively uses all mediums of communication as appropriate, presents well to groups, actively listens, and continuously identifies opportunities to build communication skills.
3. Collaboration & Teamwork: Actively works together with formal and informal team members to build relationships and achieve team goals.
4. Prioritization: Effectively prioritizes work to ensure timely completion of work within scope.
5. Global & Systems Thinking: Continuously seeks to learn about and embrace global nuances, works across functions and geographies, seeks to align with diverse groups, and seeks to understand interdependencies and impacts of actions across functions and the company
6. Technical Expertise: Continuously builds functional and technical expertise, and pro-actively applies that technical expertise in progressively broader scope.
7. Continuous Improvement: Learns and uses best practices tools and methodologies to assess, identify, and executes on opportunities to improve; Focus on learning and building new capabilities into self.
8. Problem Solving & Problem Prevention: Learns and uses strong problem-solving methodologies and tools, focuses on root cause analysis, and shows orientation towards problem prevention.
9. Accountability: Focuses on results, takes initiative without direction, takes ownership for all work within scope, builds relationships and works across departments, functions, or areas of responsibility.
10. Travel: Will spend up to 35% or more (Domestically and Internationally) depending on demand on the road validating and meeting with operational facilities, distribution centers and value-add centers.
Equipment Use & Abilities Required
· Computer Skills: Software proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Required, specifically advanced knowledge in Excel to include advanced formulas, calculations, pivot tables, applicable knowledge of Minitab, JMP, or other statistic tools software preferred.
· Language Skills: English and Spanish required. Additional languages preferred.
· Mathematical Skills: Advanced math skills consistent with an engineering university curriculum. The ability to use moderate statistic techniques when analyzing data and make rational and logical decision based on that analysis
· Reasoning Ability: Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Manages operations managers, supervisors and staff, projects of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
· Other Skills: Strong communication, project management, cross-functional partnering and influencing skills required.
|Login to Apply for Job(s)|