Our client, a worldwide aerospace manufacturer with customers in over 25 countries around the globe, is seeking a Plant Manager to be based in Nogales, Mexico.
Reporting to the VP/GM, the Plant Manager will be responsible for managing & providing direction for all elements of the Nogales site for which they have responsibility. Directly manage all manufacturing and business related support staff and interface extensively and support other operations within the company. Extensive interaction with executive, senior, site management as well as external customers. Anticipates what needs to be done and proactively design and deliver workable solutions and strategies to ensure business meets and exceeds all financial and operational goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Assists the division VP/GM with strategic and tactical thinking that successfully integrates people, money, technology and systems within time and budget constraints.
- Oversees assigned manufacturing plant site in Nogales, Sonora Mexico with over 125 employees.
- Responsible for development and achievement of all elements of the financial plan including sales, profit, and various manufacturing costs/budgeting.
- Ensures inventory valuation and physical inventory programs as well as burden rate and other costing activities are consistent across site and in accordance with designated expectations.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with customers and other site leaders in support of overall company objectives.
- Develop annual fiscal profit plan, budgets and reports as well as review monthly actual performance and provide gap analysis.
- Ensure conformance to Federal Defense Acquisition Regulations applicable to defense contractors and supports the preparation of Product Cost and pricing proposal and the follow on audits by Defense Contract Audit Agency.
- Effectively lead and develop a staff that consists of Engineering, Accounting, Quality, Sales, Operations, HR and other site support functions.
- Set and monitor division performance against performance goals to ensure progress is being made and corrective action, if necessary, is taken.
- Develop and implement capital improvement plans in support of ongoing cost reduction and facility maintenance.
- Ensure operational/financial performance in areas such as quality, delivery, safety, sales, EBITDA, inventory meet or exceed customer or company expectations, and as appropriate develop actions to correct if below expectations.
- Site champion for safety.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant field required; MBA and/or Technical degree preferred.
- 15+ years of direct experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace with increasing responsibility in a mid-size international company.
- 5+ years in a similar position such as plant manager, general manager or similar in manufacturing including profit and loss and budget responsibility.
- Experience with Mexico maquiladora manufacturing operations is highly desirable.
- Strong operations background with experience in NPI in a process controlled environment.
- Experience with at least one of the following: sand casting, die casting, foundry, and/or aerospace. May consider heat treatment or CNC machining.
- Experience with client relations highly preferred.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience developing and implementing strategic and tactical (hands-on) operational and financial plans, and developing/implementing/analyzing key performance indicators (KPI’s) of plan achievement.
- Proven ability to proactively recruit, lead and develop a “best in class” team.
- Must have strong leadership skills, able to motivate and engage people, and develop a winning culture.
- Ability to multi-task and manage often conflicting priorities effectively displaying strong organizational and time management skills.
- Outstanding PC skills and ability to quickly analyze rapidly changing circumstances and provide sound advice.
- Disciplined approach in implementing and maintaining various controls including taking corrective action as appropriate.
- Poise, professional presence and ability to make effective presentations.
- A change agent who is results driven and action oriented; analytical skills are key.
- Open to travel up to 25%.