Our client is a global leader and a Forbes Global 2000 company manufacturing and supplying electrical products and digital building infrastructures with over 40,000 employees worldwide and over $6 billion USD in sales. They have a large state-of-the-art manufacturing campus in Tijuana. Due to growth, our client currently seeks a Project Manager to ensure all project objectives, production transfers, and program launches are met including performance, schedule, cost, reliability, and quality.
- Primary responsibility is to ensure all project objectives are met including performance, schedule, cost, reliability, and quality.
- Will plan for, manage, monitor and maintain project profitability to achieve Company goals.
- Apply project management standard practices to create and maintain project schedules and action items to meet customer milestones, track and manage project spending and standard cost to budget, and successfully lead the project team to achieve high quality program launches.
- Leads projects, end-to-end, to support integrations and acquisitions, product transfers and site consolidations. Activities may include data gathering, analysis, verification and socialization of solution.
- Manage all development activities including part and documentation deliveries, creation and revision of bills of materials, validation and build planning, risk mitigation, launch assurance and problem resolution and costing products.
- Should identify all the internal and external resources whether financial or human resources required completing the project successfully.
- Should also keep an eye of latest strategies, tools and terminologies used in project management worldwide so that he may also make adopt them to increase productivity.
- Document and deliver regular project status reports to program management, and maintain project data archives per established internal protocols.
- Coordinate departmental and/or cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Manage other internal or customer-related projects as needed.
- Facilitates task team of internal/external resources to complete projects and solve problems/pursue opportunities.
- Recognizes situations that are not explicitly called out in procedures or are ambiguous (Material Determination, Sales Views, etc); acts on knowledge of policy and works with others to recommend resolutions or clarification.
- Drives projects for process improvements where necessary.
- Facilitates communication to the customer in order to define the customer’s scope, timelines and specifications and Serve as primary point of communication for your new products, transitions.
- Promotes and works as a team member with all departments of the company to build continual improvements.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Candidate Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Manufacturing Operations or related field.
- 3 to 5+ years’ experience as a Project Manager or similar. Experience in manufacturing operations in Mexico required, preferably with low-mid volume and high mix, and low mix and high volume.
- Minimum of 15 years varied manufacturing experience including direct supervision of hourly and salaried employees.
- Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Strong initiative; self-driven to deliver results beyond expectations and demonstrated problem solving ability within technical projects.
- Must have demonstrated experience in applying Lean tools and practices and driving a strong Lean / Continuous improvement culture.
- Ability to lead technical discussions with engineers and effectively communicate information to technical and non-technical roles and able to make presentations.
- Strong leadership, communication, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
- Fluent in Spanish and in written and verbal English (85%+)
- Experience with Project Management software and tools is required (i.e. Microsoft Project or similar).
- Travel (10-20%) may be required