Our client is a global leader in electrical and digital building infrastructures with over 40,000 employees worldwide and over $6 billion USD in sales. Our client currently seeks a Tool Room Manager to supervise the tool room and tooling for a large manufacturing campus in Tijuana with multiple plants.
- Establish and maintain a strong manufacturing customer focus throughout the department and in support of plant-wide operations.
- Manage tooling status and provide documentation for mold maintenance and repair.
- MintainsesAdministrate and maintain a system for all mold drawings.
- Compute time and material quotes as needed. Directs tooling repairs given a set budget.
- Ensure high quality and cost effective technical support is supplied to internal customers in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with the product development group, operations customers, engineering, and suppliers.
- Establish a skilled and competent work force with an emphasis on team building and group problem solving stablish a performance metrics, KPI’s.
- Responsible for working knowledge of ISO procedures.
- Coordinates improvements and works with Process Engineering to ensure optimum level of manufacturing.
- Reviews job orders to determine work priorities.
- Requisitions for tools, equipment and supplies required for tool room area.
- Supervise a team of toolmakers and apprentices.
- Executes assignments related to tooling functions, supervises the activities of skilled employees and assures the accomplishment of the assigned tasks.
- Improves and maintains tooling and monitor tooling costs and reports cost savings though process improvements.
- Monitor tooling costs and reports cost savings though process improvements.
- Manage the budget of the department according to the work plan and goals planted by the company
- Estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments and ensures that tasks are completed effectively and on time.
- Maintains an adequate spare parts inventory of die repair components
Candidate Experience & Requirements.
- Bacherlor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimun 15 to 20 years of experience in tool room and tooling
- At least 7+ years as a Tool Room Manager or similar
- Must have demonstrated experience in applying Lean tools and practices and driving a strong Lean / Continuous improvement culture.
- Understand all mold steels and hardness, and progressive dies.
- Ability to use the following equipment: (welders, lathes, grinders, mills, CNC equipment).
- Experienced using Solidworks and/or Autocad.
- Must have sound skills in communication, interpersonal relations, and ability to inspire individuals to improve performance.
- Must have solid leadership skills and a proven track record of delivering results against stretch objectives is required. Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, and have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Fluent in English (80%+) required and Spanish highly desirable.