Position Summary and Responsibilities
Our client is a global leader in electrical and digital building infrastructures with over 40,000 employees worldwide and over $6 billion USD in sales. Our client currently seeks a Value Stream Manager to lead the Assembly value stream (unit) within a large manufacturing site in Tijuana. Will be responsible for the operational P&L for the Value Stream.
- Manage and direct the value stream team to effectively execute all aspects of the manufacturing plan and to meet agreed upon objectives in Safety, Quality, Delivery / Service, Cost, and Inventory for assembly area.
- Embraces Lean Transformation through education of self and direct reports, Kaizen concepts and activities, visual management tools, root cause problem solving, and strategic alignment objectives.
- Lead staff by coaching, recognizing, and providing feedback as needed. Plan, monitor, and appraise job results. Direct and maintain activities designed to achieve and maintain high employee morale.
- Create continuous improvement proposal to increase productivity, quality and availability.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees through implementation and maintenance of company directed safety programs, compliance with OSHA/ Mexican Law and other regulatory requirements, and promotion of a strong preventative safety culture.
- Manage and coach both direct and indirect Value Stream team members. Provide direction and collaborate with Management and support staff outside of the Value Stream to conduct operations in a safe and productive capacity to meet the needs of our Customers and business objectives.
- Initiate and direct the planning for current and future requirements for manpower, equipment, and space to ensure value stream goals are met.
- Ensure proper collection and reporting of data necessary to track performance of the manufactuing operation against plan, identify root causes of issues, and support problem solving efforts.
- Works closely with the Director of Operations to establish operations budget and is responsible for maintaining budget with year-over-year targets to improve cost ratio.
- Implement effective systems of control for labor, overtime, capital, and operating expenditures spending.
- Eliminate waste throughout the manufacturing operations through implementation of Lean tools and processes, driving a continuous improvement culture, and promoting employee engagement at all levels of the plant.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Manage production supervisors to accomplish operational goals and objectives. Provide leadership, training and development for these individuals.
- Administer plant policies in a firm, fair and consistent manner. Conduct regular meetings with all employees to ensure good, team work and cooperation throughout the manufacturing operation and between facilities and functions.
- Establish and maintain premium quality and customer service at all times.
- Keeps abreast of emerging technology and industry best practices.
Candidate Experience & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Manufacturing Operations or related field
- Minimum of 15 years varied manufacturing experience including direct supervision of hourly and salaried employees in Mexico.
- Previous experience as an operations manager, business unit manager, value stream manager, Sr production manager/director or similar.
- Solid experience with manual and semi-automated assembly
- Financial acumen. (KPI’s). Operational P&L knowledge desirable.
- Experience with production transfers with tight deadlines.
- Experience with pull systems / JIT (as opposed to push systems) highly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated experience in applying Lean tools and practices and driving a strong Lean / Continuous improvement culture. Solid experience with process control.
- Desirable to have experience managing low-mid volume and mid-high mix and high-mid volume and low mix.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities. Able to evaluate situations, identify options and implement effective solutions quickly and efficiently.
- Able to manage complex situations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, and have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have excellent leadership skills, ability to delegate and win the trust of others.
- Must be Bilingual. Spanish and English 80%+.