Our client is a global leader in electrical and digital building infrastructures with over 40,000 employees worldwide and over $6 billion USD in sales. Our client currently seeks a Quality Assurance Manager to lead the Quality Control and Quality Assurance for a large manufacturing campus in Tijuana with multiple plants.
Responsible for Quality Control and Quality Assurance efforts that cover manufacturing, supplier, and technical support process for the Tijuana manufacturing campus with 4 plants; establishing and maintaining ISO9001 & ISO14001.
- Develop quality performance metrics; maintaining records of performance; planning and leading management review, internal and external audits, to ensure compliance of QA System.
- Develop, apply and maintain quality requirements and standards for development and manufacturing products.
- Analyzes and reports on key organizational quality metrics and performs periodic reviews to ensure corrective action results.
- Works with customers to understand their quality expectations; maintaining and improving thorough supplier quality improvement programs as well as processes for evaluating and qualifying new suppliers. Directly attends Failure Analysis, Complaints and Information requests from Clients.
- Develop the quality systems of suppliers and advanced quality tools; planning and facilitating lean and kaizen events.
- Serve as the primary Quality Assurance resource to product design teams, production support staff and related for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting, design reviews, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
- Develop, execute and analyze quality-reporting measures. Perform RCA (Root Cause Analysis).
- Acts as Liaison with UL, European Agencies, and other regulatory bodies for the certification of new and existing products.
- Partners with Plant leadership to assess, select and develop Quality functional talent throughout the operation.
- Support Engineering in the validation and qualification testing of products.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
Candidate Experience & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Material Science or equivalent. MS Degree in Engineering or MBA preferred. ASQ certification / CQE Certification or similar certification preferred.
- +15 years’ experience in Quality Engineering or similar in product development (required) and high volume manufacturing environment (preferred) including experience in ISO9001 & 14001. At least 5 years as a Quality Assurance Manager or similar.
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control.
- Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation.
- Knowledge and use of quality tools such as Flowcharts, Control Charts, Pareto Charts, Correlation studies, and DOE (Design of Experiments)
- Must have demonstrated experience in applying Lean tools and practices and driving a strong Lean / Continuous improvement culture.
- Desirable to have experience on Mexican manufacturing operations with low-mid volume and high mix and high volume and low-mid mix.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities. Able to evaluate situations, identify options and implement effective solutions quickly and efficiently.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Access (or other database programs), Excel spreadsheet.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, and have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of data analysis tools (preferred) such as Minitab.
- Strong background in core tools. Knowledge of statistical tools for problem solving
- Must be Bilingual Spanish – English (85%+) fluency.