Our client is a global leader in electrical and digital building infrastructures with over 40,000 employees worldwide and over $6 billion USD in sales. Our client currently seeks an EH&S Manager to oversee all EH&S programs for a large manufacturing campus with multiple plants in Tijuana.
- Responsible for managing facility EH&S programs to ensure a safe and environmentally responsible working environment.
- Implements safety programs to provide the road map to zero injuries and world class performance, plans and/or delivers programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, and promotes facility safety by working with all departments to analyze current conditions and recommend safety improvements.
- Analyzes accident data to identify trends and accident types that can be prevented, works with contractors on equipment installations and modifications and represents the site at external safety events, and audits.
- Maintain Government required records and reports, coordinate compliance driven safety such as annual audiograms, industrial hygiene surveys, respirator fit testing, CPR/First Aid, etc., handles and defends any Government complaints, audits etc, and manages Worker's Compensation.
- Support conservation and sustainability initiatives in line with Company initiatives.
- Organization: Team Leader Management
- Main Interface: Internal – employees, managers and supervisors at all levels of the organization. External – representatives from federal, state and local regulatory agencies, suppliers
- Budget: Provides input to both department and operations budgets, manages to established budget.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, manage and maintain the Company’s EH&S programs to include improvement, prevention and compliance.
- Develop and manage the Ergonomic Committee and initiatives to ensure ongoing ergonomic assessments, evaluations, and continuous improvement processes to reduce work/job-related trauma.
- Design and implement training programs required by federal and state EPA, ISO-14001, and OSHA (other Govt. ) regulations.
- Provide direction to plant management on EH&S budgets and policies.
- Drive environmental programs related to air, waste, and waste water.
- Manage Workers’ Compensation-related injuries/illnesses, focusing on workplace safety prevention and ergonomics program, while utilizing and enhancing light-duty program. Coordinate with third-party WC administrator.
- Address unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, hazards, and environmental risks in your respective work area(s) and evaluate the ensuing correction(s).
- Direct, lead and motivate facility personnel to achieve EH&S goals and objectives in a timely and safe manner.
- Facilitate Safety Committee team to include providing guidance to committee leadership, oversee safety inspection process, monthly meeting and subcommittee activities. Ensure prompt follow up on all open safety task lists to hold gains attained by safety teams.
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, new employee orientation, job instruction and use of safety equipment throughout the organization. Maintain records of training accordingly.
- Facilitate and lead training events, EH&S activities, process improvements, visual controls and other ad hoc programs as appropriate.
- Lead incident investigation process, including root cause analysis and identification of corrective action plans
- Inspect facilities, machinery and safety equipment in order to identify and correct potential hazards and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Ensure that EH&S compliance requirements are met by managing measurements and metrics, reporting, analysis, follow up and record keeping as mandated.
- Align corporate and local EH&S goals and strategies.
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiatives regarding EH&S policies and programs.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Safety Engineering, Occupational Health & Safety, or a related field. Masters Degree and professional certification preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of relevant work experience focused on EH&S, preferably in a lean manufacturing environment
- At least 3+ years successful experience as EH&S Manager in Mexico.
- Basic knowledge of, and experience ensuring compliance with, all local, federal, state, and toher governmental regulations pertaining to Health & Safety
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to develop and understand metrics
- Solid background in ergonomics and Industrial Hygiene
- Experience in ISO management systems and auditing
- Experience with contemporary EH&S Software and Tools
- Strong organizational and time management skills and pays close attention to detail.
- Competent in Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities as well as to evaluate situations, identify options and implement effective solutions quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Able to work independently as well as within a variety of teams.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Must have good verbal and written communications skills in both English (85%+) and Spanish, and be able to create effective reports and business correspondence.