Our client, a global premier automotive components manufacturer is seeking a Finance Manager or Sr. Finance Manager for its large operations in Tijuana, Mexico. The position reports to the Americas Director of Finance.
The ideal candidate will oversee financial analysis, financial planning, standard cost accounting and finance project management.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise 1 finance coordinator with 3 finance analysts and 1 sr. finance analyst.
- Prepares the site Operational P&L (PFO Profit from Operations).
- Oversees standard cost accounting for multiple product lines.
- Drives monthly forecasting process.
- Interprets complex financial information and provides updates, as needed.
- Supervises consolidation of all accounting and budgeting reports.
- Provides analysis of variances to budget and forecast as part of the monthly reporting package.
- Implements ongoing improvement work plans to ensure higher productivity, reduction of waste, cost, absenteeism, turnover, etc.
- Interprets the site’s operating results and makes recommendations to management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidate Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience as a Finance Manager in a large plant/multi-sites or head of finance for manufacturing (i.e. controller, finance controller, or finance director)
- Profit center experience, large plant or multi-site manufacturing experience.
- Over 5 years’ experience managing people.
- Experience with full operational P&L ownership
- Strong experience with FP&A, strategic planning, standard cost accounting, budgeting, forecasting, capital project management.
- Knowledge of SOX preferred, and internal controls a must
- Big 4 experience a plus.
- IT experience a plus. Oracle highly preferred.
- Able to grow to finance director under succession plan.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- University Degree in accounting or finance and a Master’s degree a plus.
- Must have excellent leadership skills.
- Must possess demonstrated high integrity