Our client is a public accounting firm that is experiencing exponential growth for its International Advisory services with a particular emphasis on tax and as a result is seeking a Senior Tax Associate - International.
The ideal candidate will perform assigned responsibilities on engagements under the direction of the Tax Manager/Director of International Division and is responsible for the detailed planning and management of client engagements, directing and supervising staff personnel and preliminary review and preparation of work-papers. The candidate will also work to support the Firm's mission, vision and values by exhibiting excellence, competence, teamwork, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment, and accountability.
Candidate Duties and Resposibilities:
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Prepare and conduct primary review of tax returns including C- and S-corporations, partnerships, and individual clients.
- Research and consult on various international tax matters.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively.
- Consult, work with, and service client to make recommendations on business and process improvement and serve as a business advisor to client.
- Work closely with partners, managers, and staff to integrate practice development skills into a team approach to client service and new business development.
- Maintain strong client relations and cross-sell services within the assigned group of clients.
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
- Manager / supervisor positions.
- Direct and monitor multiple client services teams on client engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete tax projects; provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients.
- Develop, train, and mentor staff on tax projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Coach associates in developing and achieving goals and objectives for performance and professional development.
Candidate Preferred Qualifications:
- Two or more years of federal tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Fluent in Spanish and English, both conversational and technical business communication, preferably both written and verbal.
- Experienced in C-Corp, S-Corp, and partnership returns.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in U.S. GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, consolidated federal tax returns, partnership returns, and combined state tax returns.
- Computer expertise including knowledge of tax software and technology.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Manager / supervisor positions.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting (masters in taxation preferred) from an accredited college or university.
- CPA or CPA-eligible preferred.
- Experience in FAR, FATCA, foreign entities & investment preferred.